Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene Taylor to Kansas State!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gene Taylor to Kansas State!

And his first day on the job for K-State was spent in Iowa testifying in a discrimination lawsuit filed against U of I by a former assistant AD. Expecting the verdict any moment now.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    And his first day on the job for K-State was spent in Iowa testifying in a discrimination lawsuit filed against U of I by a former assistant AD. Expecting the verdict any moment now.
    And there's the verdict....

https://thinkprogress.org/jury-rules...r-c3e49ddd4206

Quote Originally Posted by EightyfourBison View Post
    Ouch. That certainly doesn't read well for Barta. Sounds like Gene was caught up in something he had nothing to do with...yikes.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Ouch. That certainly doesn't read well for Barta. Sounds like Gene was caught up in something he had nothing to do with...yikes.
    Have to be careful on media sources. I'd rather read an AP article on this to cut out possible bias in reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post

One of the pieces of evidence of discrimination was that Gene Taylor got hired and paid $70k more than Jane Meyer who had been reassigned and was now bringing the lawsuit.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    One of the pieces of evidence of discrimination was that Gene Taylor got hired and paid $70k more than Jane Meyer who had been reassigned and was now bringing the lawsuit.
    But how is that on Gene? Gene didn't hire himself or set the two salaries. If Barta was honest with Gene during the hiring process, then you might have a point. But does anyone really think Barta sat down with Gene and said, "I've got this woman working for me that I don't like because she's gay.* I'm going to hire you for a job she wants and pay you a buttload more in the hopes she'll get the message and quit." I don't see that. I'm going to bet that Gene went into the job fairly blind, and that Barta shaded the true situation.

*I'm not necessarily saying that was reason Barta didn't like her. But that's what the jury seemed to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    But how is that on Gene? Gene didn't hire himself or set the two salaries. If Barta was honest with Gene during the hiring process, then you might have a point. But does anyone really think Barta sat down with Gene and said, "I've got this woman working for me that I don't like because she's gay.* I'm going to hire you for a job she wants and pay you a buttload more in the hopes she'll get the message and quit." I don't see that. I'm going to bet that Gene went into the job fairly blind, and that Barta shaded the true situation.

*I'm not necessarily saying that was reason Barta didn't like her. But that's what the jury seemed to think.

It certainly wasn't on Gene as if he did anything wrong, but he ended up in the middle of it by being competent and demanding a good salary. And he showed how smart he was by getting out at the right time.

Its not on Gene. Its just situational evidence.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

As others have pointed out, Gene had nothing to do with this other than being the successor to the fired individual. The lady who was fired benefitted by being a gay woman in that she could double-down on her minority status in her Title IX claim and sympathy. Iowa was screwed unless they could show that she was without a doubt, incompetent at her job. They also would have proved that Barta and his staff never created a hostile environment for the fired individual.

I personally don't know the whole truth, nor both sides of this story, so I'm not going to say wether the judgement was right or wrong. I'm just pointing out the difficulty of how difficult it is to fire someone in today's world. It pretty much becomes a divorce case, and therefore good reasoning why employers need to do due diligence towards those they hire.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Have to be careful on media sources. I'd rather read an AP article on this to cut out possible bias in reporting.

That's funny right there.....ap cut out the bias.lol.