Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2017-2018 Schedule

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2017-2018 Schedule

The non-DI complaints happen every year, but the answer is still the same. If they were able to get more DI home games, they would.
    Bisonville FCS Survivor Pick Em Champs
    2016: CalBison97
    2015: Taper
    2014: SamsRams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The non-DI complaints happen every year, but the answer is still the same. If they were able to get more DI home games, they would.
    so its Laziness?
    Can I please come back? Ill put a disclaimer in sig that bisonville isn't responsible for my comments. FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    It can't be that hard to schedule D1 teams. Every mid major program has challenges with scheduling. The Bison basketball staff just does not put in the required work or they don't want those games. Listening to Coach R on the Insiders last week he even stated it was by design. Honestly I think he does it because he is scared of a of losing at home and thinks those NAIA/D3 games are good developmental opportunities to get the younger kids into games. I can't blame him for the latter but 4 of those games is just way too many. We can get other mid and low major teams in here and should be winning comfortably and still getting those young kids those same kind of playing opportunities. We have had good D1 home schedules in the past so they can do it again if they want.

My biggest problem is they jacked the ticket prices up as well as the Team Maker fees for basketball. The arena is already bought and paid for via private funding. You wanna charge a premium for season tickets than they need to hold up their end of the bargain and produce a quality home schedule that excites the fan base. Then they will get more people to buy season tickets and the ones that already have them to actually show up to the games.
    Its not as easy as you think. Especially given our location. Certainly if you are willing to spend the money teams will come play you. I doubt anyone is thrilled with all the non d1 games but it's certainly a challenge for the staff to get teams to come to Fargo. This isn't a hot bed area for d1 schools.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Scheduling is tough and when a team leaves the conference at the last minute, it gets even tougher. It is like when the football team got stuck having to play Ferris State, I don't think Dave wanted to play this many non-DI teams but you have to fill the schedule.
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation