Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Schedule

Default Re: 2017-2018 Schedule

The non-DI complaints happen every year, but the answer is still the same. If they were able to get more DI home games, they would.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The non-DI complaints happen every year, but the answer is still the same. If they were able to get more DI home games, they would.
    so its Laziness?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    It can't be that hard to schedule D1 teams. Every mid major program has challenges with scheduling. The Bison basketball staff just does not put in the required work or they don't want those games. Listening to Coach R on the Insiders last week he even stated it was by design. Honestly I think he does it because he is scared of a of losing at home and thinks those NAIA/D3 games are good developmental opportunities to get the younger kids into games. I can't blame him for the latter but 4 of those games is just way too many. We can get other mid and low major teams in here and should be winning comfortably and still getting those young kids those same kind of playing opportunities. We have had good D1 home schedules in the past so they can do it again if they want.

My biggest problem is they jacked the ticket prices up as well as the Team Maker fees for basketball. The arena is already bought and paid for via private funding. You wanna charge a premium for season tickets than they need to hold up their end of the bargain and produce a quality home schedule that excites the fan base. Then they will get more people to buy season tickets and the ones that already have them to actually show up to the games.
    Its not as easy as you think. Especially given our location. Certainly if you are willing to spend the money teams will come play you. I doubt anyone is thrilled with all the non d1 games but it's certainly a challenge for the staff to get teams to come to Fargo. This isn't a hot bed area for d1 schools.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Scheduling is tough and when a team leaves the conference at the last minute, it gets even tougher. It is like when the football team got stuck having to play Ferris State, I don't think Dave wanted to play this many non-DI teams but you have to fill the schedule.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NDSU picked to finish 3rd in the Summit League, behind SDSU and USD.

http://thesummitleague.org/sports/mb...20171004nk4g2h

Senior Paul Miller named to the All-Summit preseason 1st Team.
    Miller averaged 16.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.8 apg.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so its Laziness?
    What the fuck buddy... you calling someone lazy is a stretch
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Alkins out 6-8 for weeks for Zona

Exhibition game vs Concordia Wednesday night. Who is up for some Hoops?????
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Gave our tickets away. I guess I at least found someone to go instead just not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Exhibition game vs Concordia Wednesday night. Who is up for some Hoops?????
    My wife is very excited for the season start. Mainly because I believe she has a crush on PSmoove. Can't blame her. His arms make him look like he's in the wrong sport! Freaking jacked! Need to call NDSU as we have yet to get our tickets despite their records showing they were printed at the same time everyone on here was saying they received theirs. As for myself, I'm excited as it's a new season, but there's so many unknowns for this squad that it's hard for me to be really excited. I love PSmoove and AJ, but this year is looking to be a rebuilding year and getting young guys lots of playing time. 2 years down the line we should be scary good.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.