Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Anderson 2017 LPGA

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Anderson 2017 LPGAi

Bad day. She shot 5 over par to finish 8 over for the tourney, tied for 70th out of 72.

On to New Zealand! Does anyone know if she will be playing in some of the limited field events in Asia?

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    On to New Zealand! Does anyone know if she will be playing in some of the limited field events in Asia?
    Don't know. They're pretty tough to get into. I think she's played maybe two in her career. A lot of them don't have a cut so they're unofficial money and won't help with retaining her card anyway. It still spends though.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Showing her at 95th on the official money list now at $99,366 and 108th on the CME standings. On to New Zealand, which is a pretty lovely setting again!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Don't know. They're pretty tough to get into. I think she's played maybe two in her career. A lot of them don't have a cut so they're unofficial money and won't help with retaining her card anyway. It still spends though.
    I don't know.... I realize she has sponsors but $8k for the weekend doesn't leave much to spend.

Brittany Altomare picked up a check for $339k for sole possession of second. In doing so she had her best finish ever three years into her LPGA career, and pretty much doubled her previous lifetime earnings. Good for her and what a great, life changing performance! You could see and nearly feel the pure emotion and joy she was experiencing the last couple of holes especially. She was so close to making her first win be a major, but have to feel good for Anna Nordqvist as well.
    Not sure when it will happen, but praying for a similar breakthrough for Amy Olson and for Kim Kaufman, and I remain confident and very enthusiastic that we will get to witness that down the road! I will admit that I thought Amy was in fact going to get it done in the US Open in Colorado in 2011, back when she was just an 18 year old college junior still playing for the Bison. I still believe it is not a matter of if, but simply when. How bout them Dakota Girls?!?
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-20-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Great promotional video.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Great promotional video.
    Another inaugural event Mr Meaty, along with the one already played in Indy and I believe a couple others this year! Excellent venue in one of the most beautiful cities on the planet and a first time event. Along with Lydia, you likely don't have to guess too hard to figure out the players whom I have already placed in the winner's circle!

https://www.newzealand.com/int/featu...360/?video=akl
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-20-2017 at 07:54 PM.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Amy shot a 2 over par round today in the New Zealand Open.