Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Anderson 2017 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Anderson 2017 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Not that I am trying to encourage you because honestly, I find you creepy as hell, but you do realize she is playing in France next week?
    Nice. Thanks for sharing.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Looks like maybe the Evian is next week in France which could explain why they're finished at 4pm on a Saturday
    Hey BisonAudit! Here's a confirmation on that:

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf...-participants/

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    She birdied the last hole to finish 7 under for the tourney, tied for 19th place. Hopefully she learned some pressure lessons today.
    Well said dufferole. I think that she will take away a lot from this tournament with regard to that and her confidence level!

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Well said dufferole. I think that she will take away a lot from this tournament with regard to that and her confidence level!
    Turning in the highest score of the day is going to help her confidence level? Plus she wasnt making a run for the top spot so what pressure was she under?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Turning in the highest score of the day is going to help her confidence level? No. Plus she wasnt making a run for the top spot so what pressure was she under? Huge.
    Answers are no, and a huge amount. She actually was quite a bit away from the highest score after the birdie on the last hole, so she really didn't end up with one of the highest scores after all. Turning in a high score would not help her confidence level. And she visibly seemed to show the let down that she felt from that as did her playing partner Christie Kerr, especially walking off of the last hole. That said, she handled it very well and with class as she always does. In my opinion though, everything that happens with an athlete and person of the skill, intelligence, and character of Amy or Grant or Carson Wentz comes with positives that they carry forward. I think that playing in the second to last group with Christie Kerr, an 18 million plus dollar winner, and just in front of a final group the caliber of Lexi Thompson, Lydia Ko, and Candie Kung would have carried a lot of pressure for anybody. And at the start of the final day and for some time she was making a run after two wonderful rounds put her in position to do so. Add to that the time of year and significance of each stroke in terms of money and CME and card for next year etc. etc. and I would say yeah, that is a lot of pressure.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-11-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Answers are no, and a huge amount. She actually was quite a bit away from the highest score after the birdie on the last hole, so she really didn't end up with one of the highest scores after all. Turning in a high score would not help her confidence level. And she visibly seemed to show the let down that she felt from that as did her playing partner Christie Kerr, especially walking off of the last hole. That said, she handled it very well and with class as she always does. In my opinion though, everything that happens with an athlete and person of the skill, intelligence, and character of Amy or Grant or Carson Wentz comes with positives that they carry forward. I think that playing in the second to last group with Christie Kerr, an 18 million plus dollar winner, and just in front of a final group the caliber of Lexi Thompson, Lydia Ko, and Candie Kung would have carried a lot of pressure for anybody. And at the start of the final day and for some time she was making a run after two wonderful rounds put her in position to do so. Add to that the time of year and significance of each stroke in terms of money and CME and card for next year etc. etc. and I would say yeah, that is a lot of pressure.
    Playing for her card I will give you that. But you said it shouldnt be a problem because she plays great at Q school?

The rest not so much.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Playing for her card I will give you that. But you said it shouldnt be a problem because she plays great at Q school?

The rest not so much.
    Agreed--and MOB is a bit strange. Just a bit too much, or maybe more. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The rest not so much.
    I've tried to answer your questions as kindly as possible. You take bits and pieces out of context to try to make points to what effect? She has played very well at Q school in the past, but that doesn't relieve any of the pressure she faced in this event and had nothing to do with it. Do you walk to school or carry your lunch? You mentioned in another post that 33rd in the Scottish Open was no big deal in your estimation and in another post you scoffed at her making the cut. Tell us please what pursuit you have reached that sort of level in to be 33rd among the very best on the planet? Was it peeing for distance from the balcony of the Motel 6 to edge out your grandmother?
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-12-2017 at 03:22 AM.

I've tried to answer your questions as kindly as possible. You take bits and pieces out of context to try to make points to what effect? She has played very well at Q school in the past, but that doesn't relieve any of the pressure she faced in this event and had nothing to do with it. Do you walk to school or carry your lunch? You mentioned in another post that 33rd in the Scottish Open was no big deal in your estimation and in another post you scoffed at her making the cut. Tell us please what pursuit you have reached that sort of level in to be 33rd among the very best on the planet? Was it peeing for distance from the balcony of the Motel 6 to edge out your grandmother? Put a cork in it loser.
    Nothing more than observations on what happening with her play as opposed to your posts of continually trying to blow sunshine up peoples asses.

As far as accomplishments in the athletic arena I have my own as opposed to you who is disparately trying to live vicariously through anothers .

Nothing more than observations on what happening with her play as opposed to your posts of continually trying to blow sunshine up peoples asses.

As far as accomplishments in the athletic arena I have my own as opposed to you who is disparately trying to live vicariously through anothers .
    The world is full of critics and cynics. Regarding wonderful folks and Bison greats with the resumes of Amy Olson or Carson Wentz you really should concentrate on saying something nice or nothing at all. JMO. Cheers.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-12-2017 at 04:06 AM.