Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona in 2022!

Default Re: Arizona in 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yep, and you get to see your team lose for that price.
    Jedd Fisch is a good coach. They turned over that roster from last year. However, I am not surprised at those ticket prices. They still have a ways to go.

Arizona’s Sagarin rating isn’t accurate. I am buying stock in that team.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Jedd Fisch is a good coach. They turned over that roster from last year. However, I am not surprised at those ticket prices. They still have a ways to go.
    He's had a lot of short stays at big name places, primarily as a QB coach.
    As a HC, he is 2-12 and has a lot to prove yet.

If its a brand new roster, that itself is a big challenge. It takes time for teams to gel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    He's had a lot of short stays at big name places, primarily as a QB coach.
    As a HC, he is 2-12 and has a lot to prove yet.

If its a brand new roster, that itself is a big challenge. It takes time for teams to gel.
    Sometimes. His team last year punched above their weight in a lot of games. That was a bad roster and it’s upgraded. I would expect a fight.

NDSU needs to make them pay for a below average Oline. If you don’t, they will have above average skill players. They also have a good DL.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sometimes. His team last year punched above their weight in a lot of games. That was a bad roster and it’s upgraded. I would expect a fight.

NDSU needs to make them pay for a below average Oline. If you don’t, they will have above average skill players. They also have a good DL.
    awww yes southwestern speed.

How so exactly? They had one 7 point win over Cal, and a 2 point loss to Big Sky Northern Arizona.
    NAU was 5-6 (4-6 FCS) last year. Cal was an impressive 5-7 (4-7 FBS)

Most the other games weren't even close, and some big losses like 0 - 34 against Colorado.
    Colorado was 4-8 (3-8 FBS), and throttled Arizona.

Another NDSU beatdown. And another one where NDSU Haters say "Wow you beat up on a shitty FBS team, congrats."

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Another NDSU beatdown. And another one where NDSU Haters say "Wow you beat up on a shitty FBS team, congrats."
    Pretty much, if the vegas line favors 'Zona, its money in the bank. They would need a big improvement over last year just to stay close.

Arizona’s Sagarin rating isn’t accurate. I am buying stock in that team.
    Sagarin is accurate but only looking backwards. It doesnt look forward. everything points to them being much better this year and next year than they were in the last 5+ years. Buy low and sell high I'm Buying AZ stock

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    How so exactly? They had one 7 point win over Cal, and a 2 point loss to Big Sky Northern Arizona.
    NAU was 5-6 (4-6 FCS) last year. Cal was an impressive 5-7 (4-7 FBS)

Most the other games weren't even close, and some big losses like 0 - 34 against Colorado.
    Colorado was 4-8 (3-8 FBS), and throttled Arizona.
    The Colorado game was an outlier. There were a lot games where they were in it late but absolutely crumbled at the end. They had zero qb talent and they’d be forced out of their game plan late and mistakes would happen. They should’ve won the UW game. They were in it against BYU and Oregon.

Cruz and Plummer were dogshit. McCloud was okay with a game-plan designed around his strengths.

Their additions such as de Laura and Fifita are worlds better than last year’s group. McMillan may have been the best overall recruit on the west coast last cycle. He was underrated and 247’s explanation was that he didn’t fit the 1st round prototype for a WR. Now that Drake went #1, they look foolish. Cowing, McMillan and de Laura will cause most teams headaches. de Laura has been really streaky though.

Jedd Fisch seems to game-plan, adjust and get max effort out of his players.