Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona in 2022!

Default Re: Arizona in 2022!

One of our bucket list items is to visit every state. So far I'm still missing some of the east coast and New England
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Kansas? ...
    NDSUBowler's driveway?

I guess that's Alaska. I'm planning on going in June.

Then I'll just have New Mexico (september), Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island remaining. Fortunately, geography is on my side. If I have to, I can cover the Northeast states in a couple of long weekends, but I actually like to do real things in the states and not just pass through.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I guess that's Alaska. I'm planning on going in June.

Then I'll just have New Mexico (september), Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island remaining. Fortunately, geography is on my side. If I have to, I can cover the Northeast states in a couple of long weekends, but I actually like to do real things in the states and not just pass through.
    You are correct! That was a fight tour of Denali with K2 Aviation in Talkeetna. Highly recommend! It was amazing!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You are correct! That was a fight tour of Denali with K2 Aviation in Talkeetna. Highly recommend! It was amazing!!

Did that. Landed on Denali. Week after they crashed a plane on Denali and killed all on board. God missed me by that much.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 02-25-2022 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Did that. Landed on Denali. Week before they crashed a plane on Denali and killed all on board. God missed me by that much.
    I was closer last year. We went to a local air show at a small airport. My son is an aspiring pilot and a member of a local EAA chapter. Another club was hosting an event so we attended. One of the things they were doing was giving people rides in a Piper Saratoga. We signed up to take a ride. As my wife was signing the waiver forms my son noticed a fireball in the distance beyond the runway. Turns out there weren't many people there early in the day so the pilot and 3 of the volunteer teenagers took a flight on a clear, beautiful day. If we hadn't left late and stopped to get donuts we likely would have been on the flight. As the pilot approached something happened and the pilot hit a power pole beyond the end of the run way and nose dived into a field. The pilot and 2 of the kids were killed. One kid survived with severe burns. Tragic accident and very humbling to realize how close we were. Flying is still safer than driving, but mistakes are usually more tragic.

Enough of this thread drift. Back to Arizona in the Fall. Should be a great experience for those who can go

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I was closer last year. We went to a local air show at a small airport. My son is an aspiring pilot and a member of a local EAA chapter. Another club was hosting an event so we attended. One of the things they were doing was giving people rides in a Piper Saratoga. We signed up to take a ride. As my wife was signing the waiver forms my son noticed a fireball in the distance beyond the runway. Turns out there weren't many people there early in the day so the pilot and 3 of the volunteer teenagers took a flight on a clear, beautiful day. If we hadn't left late and stopped to get donuts we likely would have been on the flight. As the pilot approached something happened and the pilot hit a power pole beyond the end of the run way and nose dived into a field. The pilot and 2 of the kids were killed. One kid survived with severe burns. Tragic accident and very humbling to realize how close we were. Flying is still safer than driving, but mistakes are usually more tragic.

Enough of this thread drift. Back to Arizona in the Fall. Should be a great experience for those who can go
    Ooph... Should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket as a heat check.

Should also thank the donut place for their long line and slow service.

Should also thank the donut place for their long line and slow service.

One doesn’t have to spend much time in Alaska before hearing about someone you know went down, south East Alaska is common
    Happy trails