Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona in 2022!

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Arizona in 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Pretty sure it was Heagle who got burned on long TD, and that Heagle was much slower after coming back from knee injury. Marcus either had shorter route coverage or was on the other side of field. We also both kicked and punted away from Lockett.

The good thing about AZ game is that they will only have a week to prepare for A-Gap and other power run plays, given they have two early, worthy opponents they have/had to spend time on. Also, they likely won’t see this years version, given we didn’t run it against Drake and likely won’t run it much (if at all) this week. I’m sure AZ will watch/analyze Natty and JMU games tho.
    You got me curious so I went and looked at the game on YouTube. Turns out both Heagle and Williams got burned for long TD’s. Heagle gets beat by #86 for the first K-State TD (42:08 on the video). Williams bit on a fake and Lockett beats him for the 2nd K-State TD (1:02:40 on the video).

https://youtu.be/ErTd8zQe5rM

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He doesn't see the hypocrisy of his statements and I find that hilarious. He wants to play better competition but when a tab that was down last year looks like they may be improved he wants them to fail and show they are a bad team. This game has no bearing on playoffs but could help secure a higher seeding if the Bison slip in 1 or 2 conference games but win this game. Even better if Arizona is a 6-6 or 7-5 improved team this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last year we kill AZ. Highlights I watched yesterday AZ looks good and will be a tough game. It’s same as last two FBS games; team needs to bring A game and our lines need to win. I hope they beat Miss St and we get to battle and take home a “good” FBS scalp.
    Btw…NDSU is capable of beating Miss St too so not sure why anyone would be afraid. Ill say same as I said last 2 P5 games…their qb could go off , we could play flat and we could get rolled but if Bison play top of their game Bison will win

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Last year we kill AZ. Highlights I watched yesterday AZ looks good and will be a tough game. It’s same as last two FBS games; team needs to bring A game and our lines need to win. I hope they beat Miss St and we get to battle and take home a “good” FBS scalp.
    Btw…NDSU is capable of beating Miss St too so not sure why anyone would be afraid. Ill say same as I said last 2 P5 games…their qb could go off , we could play flat and we could get rolled but if Bison play top of their game Bison will win
    Herd speaks Z truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I was waiting for something that I disagreed with, but it never happened. 100% agree.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I dont think one game changes a ton. Arizona no doubt looks better with the new transfers and bringing in a good recruiting class. We are still better than them and even after watching some of that replay vs SDSU, the way to beat the Bison is in the trenches and Arizona wont have an advantage there especially our OL vs their DL.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I dont think one game changes a ton. Arizona no doubt looks better with the new transfers and bringing in a good recruiting class. We are still better than them and even after watching some of that replay vs SDSU, the way to beat the Bison is in the trenches and Arizona wont have an advantage there especially our OL vs their DL.
    I'm a little worried about our D-line after Drake. I expected utter domination from them in that game, and I did not see it. They are going to have to step up to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm a little worried about our D-line after Drake. I expected utter domination from them in that game, and I did not see it. They are going to have to step up to win this game.
    run defense definitely has some improvements to make. Running lanes were way too large and tackling not very sound out of the gate this year.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Couldn't agree more, there's going to have to be big improvement in that Dept. LBs need some work as well. On a positive note, I have faith players and coaches will get this done. Side note, Ariz and the Bison pretty much neck to neck on today's Sagarin.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    run defense definitely has some improvements to make. Running lanes were way too large and tackling not very sound out of the gate this year.
    Drake had 2.3 yards per carry.

(Granted I wasn't watching the game very closely as I had other things going on while watching.)
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.