Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona in 2022!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Arizona in 2022!

Would a FBS team come to Fargo for a cool mil?

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Akron or Eastern Michigan possibly. Maybe 1 of the recent FCS move ups?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been saying for a few years now this would be a way to make a bit of a splash.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Not any that would be worth bringing in unless you can find an AD that REALLY wants to retire and wants to spite his program in the process
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Not a chance. Would we go to a DII for a mil?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

If you guys were to bet in Vegas on the odds this game is bought out...how do you bet? Just curious. We are planning a guys trip around this and if it cancels we don't want to get burned like Oregon losing deposits and what not. Obviously different scenarios and we learned our lesson on booking. If it was Vegas or a few other hot spots we would go regardless of game no game. I'll hang up and listen.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This almost happened in recent times. Army at Yale doesn’t count. I’m not 100% on which schools were involved but I believe it was along the lines of Ball State at Illinois State. But the MAC team bought out at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Not a chance. Would we go to a DII for a mil?
    Probably, but it's a moot point since I doubt any D-II team could generate that much revenue for one game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by swaniriver View Post
    If you guys were to bet in Vegas on the odds this game is bought out...how do you bet? Just curious. We are planning a guys trip around this and if it cancels we don't want to get burned like Oregon losing deposits and what not. Obviously different scenarios and we learned our lesson on booking. If it was Vegas or a few other hot spots we would go regardless of game no game. I'll hang up and listen.
    Short answer: no

Oregon game was a heartbreaker no doubt. Had a week long trip with buddies starting in San Fran, Napa, ending in Eugene. That being said I'm not concerned about it at this point. They've already sold season tickets including this game so rescheduling now would be a real pain in the ass. On top of that, the only thing that would come around is if some big school for whatever reason needed a game and decided they wanted to play at Arizona.

The ones you gotta be more careful about are the little rinkydink FCS schools (cough..western carolina...cough) that will back out on you because an SEC school will drop 1.5M in their lap to screw you over. Also I think we've learned our lesson on not having enough clawback in the contract if people do back out during the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by swaniriver View Post
    I'd put the odds on -2000 (so a $2000 bet wins you $100). I doubt they even consider buying it out anymore this close to the season starting.

To me the more interesting question is how much could the Bison be favored by in Vegas? Using the end of 2021 numbers both Massey and Sagarin would have the Bison favored by 10+ in Tucson - Sagarin had it at 15. I'd assume that number will be smaller at the start of this fall and probably depend on how the first couple weeks of the season go but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bison favored by a TD.