Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona in 2022!

Default Re: Arizona in 2022!

Lots of recent Arizona fan discussion about the NDSU game on the 247 sports message board. Topic is the latest FCS preseason poll that has NDSU rated #1. Of course, many questioning why they are playing the game, no benefit to them, NDSU is JV, like playing girls, etc. Typical stuff. Wish these so called fans would watch 10 minutes of a Bison game so they might understand how much better NDSU is than them. How we will out physical them and wear them out. Maybe someone should send the Arizona fans a poster of the Kansas State kid in shock so they will know how to respond by the end of the game. Then again, I think. Arizona fans likely know this will just be another loss for them.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The "will we even be favored in this game" is my favorite comment. No dude you're gonna be a massive underdog and get blown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Whats the strategy for everyone to get down there? Flights to Tuscon are pretty rough and flights to phoenix are CHEAP but its also 2 hours away from Tuscon and renting a car for 90/Day for a rental car ends up being basically the same price as flying direct to tuscon. What are yall doin?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    Whats the strategy for everyone to get down there? Flights to Tuscon are pretty rough and flights to phoenix are CHEAP but its also 2 hours away from Tuscon and renting a car for 90/Day for a rental car ends up being basically the same price as flying direct to tuscon. What are yall doin?
    Planning on flying right into Tucson. Have not book a flight yet. UBER our way around town for a couple of days.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Wouldn't you rent a car flying into Tucson anyway? I'm flying into Phoenix since I have family there... driving from Fargo to MSP to fly out since it's half the price of flying out of Fargo (and a direct flight to PHX on a non-Allegiant airline). I've got Emerald Club through National through my work and it's about $50 a day renting a mid-size car with unlimited miles. You can sign up for Emerald Club for free but not sure if I get any additional discount through my work account or not.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    The "will we even be favored in this game" is my favorite comment.

Lucked out on left over credit from Oregon Flights. Flying to Phoenix then driving with family that lives down there.

The drive from Vegas is probably pretty nice if you have an extra day or three. Would assume flights to Vegas are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Brutal? It's the PAC 12 plus San Diego State, Mississippi State, and us. They're not exactly running the SEC West gauntlet.
    Most P5 teams have two "gimmies" scheduled in the OOC. Their cross divisional draws are terrible with the easiest one played on the road. Mississippi State is top 10 and SDSU, an away game, has a preseason top 25 defense. They play the top 6 teams in the PAC and the only game they should win is Colorado at home.

I would be pissed if Oregon played @SDSU, Miss St and NDSU for their first three games. They're all tough but winning doesn't really look all that glamourous. It's a no-win, brutal schedule.
    Last edited by bisonduck; 06-09-2022 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Lots of recent Arizona fan discussion about the NDSU game on the 247 sports message board. Topic is the latest FCS preseason poll that has NDSU rated #1. Of course, many questioning why they are playing the game, no benefit to them, NDSU is JV, like playing girls, etc. Typical stuff. Wish these so called fans would watch 10 minutes of a Bison game so they might understand how much better NDSU is than them. How we will out physical them and wear them out. Maybe someone should send the Arizona fans a poster of the Kansas State kid in shock so they will know how to respond by the end of the game. Then again, I think. Arizona fans likely know this will just be another loss for them.
    I am sure Arizona won't be shocked by losing. They're pretty numb to it.