Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greatest retires

Default Re: Greatest retires

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    What are his post-basketball plans?
    Nothing concrete right now but sounds like coaching might be in the mix at some point.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good interview with Dom on the media blog.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He is the GOAT for NDSU basketball. By the time he was a senior Ben could of started for 99% of the DI teams in the tournament. The biggest exception was KU and Collins. KU was such a tough draw for us that year as they had the one guy who could equalize Ben's shooting ability. It took a career night for him to do it, but Collins points made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    He is the GOAT for NDSU basketball. By the time he was a senior Ben could of started for 99% of the DI teams in the tournament. The biggest exception was KU and Collins. KU was such a tough draw for us that year as they had the one guy who could equalize Ben's shooting ability. It took a career night for him to do it, but Collins points made the difference.
    You know you just called him a top 2 point guard in the tourney... That's a little bit over the top
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You know you just called him a top 2 point guard in the tourney... That's a little bit over the top
    Based on that game alone... not too far off though, #2 may be a bit high, but based on performance I'd have to say he was in the top 10 that day, but Woody played out of his mind (no doubt as this wasn't his typical run of the mill game) in that game. I'd watched a lot of his games over the previous 3-4 years I never once see him put on a game like that.

Collins for KU also put on a show it was a great game to watch imo. To me I think another tipping point also was Aldrich we had no defense for him other than fouling and got Moorman on the bench for significant periods of the game. Just didn't have another big who could equalize him by fouling and/or defending.

Crazy thing was that section of the bracket had a bunch of "upsets" that year. NDSU would have ended up playing Dayton the next round (IIRC) if they'd won and they definitely didn't look unbeatable in their win. RMU almost upset Mich St too and USC was a lower seed that won in that section of the bracket.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I remember too, I was there. Woodside scored 38 and gave up 39 to Collins?

the rest of the country doesnt remember any of this.
    Woodside had 37 and Collins didn't score 39, I remember Woodside led all scorers. It was close though...

All I remember is Collins shooting a ton and scoring a lot but missing a bunch as well...the one that made the true difference was Aldrich IMO, it seemed as though he couldn't miss....tough to miss wide open dunks I guess, I remember thinking if we had someone that could guard this guy, we might have a chance to win this game but it seemed like all he did was dunk after dunk after dunk...this is all I remember.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Name a better one than Collins and Woody in 2009?

the turning point was probably Mike Nelsons 3 that spun out...NDSU was down like 2 or 3....after that, KU scored the next few buckets deflating everybody.

Name a better one than Collins and Woody in 2009?
    Curry? lol

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    the turning point was probably Mike Nelsons 3 that spun out...NDSU was down like 2 or 3....after that, KU scored the next few buckets deflating everybody.
    The charge call on winkelman