Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
Based on that game alone... not too far off though, #2 may be a bit high, but based on performance I'd have to say he was in the top 10 that day, but Woody played out of his mind (no doubt as this wasn't his typical run of the mill game) in that game. I'd watched a lot of his games over the previous 3-4 years I never once see him put on a game like that.

Collins for KU also put on a show it was a great game to watch imo. To me I think another tipping point also was Aldrich we had no defense for him other than fouling and got Moorman on the bench for significant periods of the game. Just didn't have another big who could equalize him by fouling and/or defending.

Crazy thing was that section of the bracket had a bunch of "upsets" that year. NDSU would have ended up playing Dayton the next round (IIRC) if they'd won and they definitely didn't look unbeatable in their win. RMU almost upset Mich St too and USC was a lower seed that won in that section of the bracket.
I think we would have played West Virginia (fuzzy memory). I can't remember if that game was before ours or after, but I remember being unimpressed with either of them. Sweet 16 coulda woulda shoulda...