Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greatest retires

Default Re: Greatest retires

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Based on that game alone... not too far off though, #2 may be a bit high, but based on performance I'd have to say he was in the top 10 that day, but Woody played out of his mind (no doubt as this wasn't his typical run of the mill game) in that game. I'd watched a lot of his games over the previous 3-4 years I never once see him put on a game like that.

Collins for KU also put on a show it was a great game to watch imo. To me I think another tipping point also was Aldrich we had no defense for him other than fouling and got Moorman on the bench for significant periods of the game. Just didn't have another big who could equalize him by fouling and/or defending.

Crazy thing was that section of the bracket had a bunch of "upsets" that year. NDSU would have ended up playing Dayton the next round (IIRC) if they'd won and they definitely didn't look unbeatable in their win. RMU almost upset Mich St too and USC was a lower seed that won in that section of the bracket.
    I think we would have played West Virginia (fuzzy memory). I can't remember if that game was before ours or after, but I remember being unimpressed with either of them. Sweet 16 coulda woulda shoulda...
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I think we would have played West Virginia (fuzzy memory). I can't remember if that game was before ours or after, but I remember being unimpressed with either of them. Sweet 16 coulda woulda shoulda...
    I just looked it up Dayton beat wvu. I was pretty sure Dayton had won. Rmu almost beat mich st.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Curry? lol
    Ty Lawson as well.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Curry has turned out alright...

Awesome GAME to witness Live - Collins didn't beat US - 2 things did: Just not able to make a shot or two for too long of a stretch where it was THERE for an upset - went into a patch of missed shots and couldn't grab the lead - because they weren't doing much either? - And the big fella - Man to Man defense ALL game and they lobbed over the TOP and Aldridge had about 6 dunks!!!!!

Great effort however AND I'll never forget the ENTIRE West Virginia TEAM stopping to Hug/handshake Woodside and his Amazing individual performance!!

Go Bison!!

Since we're talking about it does anyone have a link to the video of the 2009 game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Since we're talking about it does anyone have a link to the video of the 2009 game?
    Other than the NCAA10 video game video someone put up. This video and one of Aldrich are the only ones I could find which don't show any highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Other than the NCAA10 video game video someone put up. This video and one of Aldrich are the only ones I could find which don't show any highlights.
    Yeah, I'm embarrassed to say I started watching that before realizing it wasn't the real game.