Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matti Matimore (NDSU Track & Field) Javelin

Default Re: Matti Matimore (NDSU Track & Field) Javelin

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I would say it is more likely the case that this poster did not read your brilliant commentary on UND women's hockey. But way to ruin a thread created to celebrate accomplishments on a specific student athlete.
    How did I ruin anything? Because somebody's sarcasm detector is defective? Matti is great. It's retrograde idiots who think that talented people who don't happen to be from here aren't worth supporting and don't make this a better place who are the problem.

Now I've ruined it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    How did I ruin anything? Because somebody's sarcasm detector is defective? Matti is great. It's retrograde idiots who think that talented people who don't happen to be from here aren't worth supporting and don't make this a better place who are the problem.

Now I've ruined it.
    Because you are bringing in a political argument into a thread celebrating individual success.

Because you are bringing in a political argument into a thread celebrating individual success.
    I was celebrating Matti's individual success. I'm sorry if one person didn't understand that. I'm not sorry if another wants to ignore the full context in which those accomplishments have occurred.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who cares!!! It was in purple!

I don't know the secret handshake either.