View Poll Results: What you rather NDSU do, MVC or Summit?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • NDSU, SDSU to the MVC. Conference tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

24 35.82%
  • NDSU, SDSU, USD to the MVC. Conference Tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

22 32.84%
  • Get Mankato and St Cloud to drop football and move to Summit

0 0%
  • Stay in Summit as is.

21 31.34%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    SDSU won the most recent Summit League Tournament. By definition, that would make us CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

USD won the regular season title, they are CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

NDSU is CURRENTLY the 3rd (actually probably 4th) best team in the Dakotas. And somehow an argument is being made that they are superior? Seriously? You guys seem to have finally gotten over Woody, at some point you should get over the tournament win and worry about the CURRENT state of your basketball team.

You did win a tournament game 3 or 4 years ago, so there is that. I say 3 or 4 years because I don't remember exactly because who gives a shit? The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals 3 years ago. Are they CURRENTLY the best team in the NBA? Of course not.
    I can tell you who gives a shit - all the Summit League teams who are getting extra money from the one tournament win the league has ever seen. What has SDSU/USD done to make extra money for the conference?

EDIT - should have known someone would have posted this already. Point still valid

No the summit league gets about 250,000 per year for that win.

If we could get more than 1 team from the league to be good enough to win a game in a decade or two, the Summit would actually get a little more respect in the seeding and get higher seeds which would lead to more wins. If your such a huge basketball school why don't you guys step up and actually start pulling your weight instead of getting to the dance and shooting your load because your there and try actually winnning once. ;0 Otherwise it is no different than sending the team that didn't even make the Summit league tourney to the Dance.

This is awesome. When USD first joined you guys in the conferences I would come to these boards and NDSU fans and SDSU fans were so cozy about things and had such a (phony) great relationship that I was waiting for some of the fans to meet out behind the bleachers for a make-out session. Blaaa, puke, it was disgusting. Now that some red meat (a non-existent MVC conference invite) has been thrown in between you dogs you are now out for each other's blood. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I can tell you who gives a shit - all the Summit League teams who are getting extra money from the one tournament win the league has ever seen. What has SDSU/USD done to make extra money for the conference?
    You would think an SDSU fan would be aware of how that works, but then again they have never won a game in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    No the summit league gets about 250,000 per year for that win.

If we could get more than 1 team from the league to be good enough to win a game in a decade or two, the Summit would actually get a little more respect in the seeding and get higher seeds which would lead to more wins. If your such a huge basketball school why don't you guys step up and actually start pulling your weight instead of getting to the dance and shooting your load because your there and try actually winnning once. ;0 Otherwise it is no different than sending the team that didn't even make the Summit league tourney to the Dance.
    Summit League tournament attendance the last 2 years was 61,000. All session tickets sold for about $15 each, single sessions were $22. If the league netted $10 per ticket (no real idea if that's realistic), that's $610,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    This is awesome. When USD first joined you guys in the conferences I would come to these boards and NDSU fans and SDSU fans were so cozy about things and had such a (phony) great relationship that I was waiting for some of the fans to meet out behind the bleachers for a make-out session. Blaaa, puke, it was disgusting. Now that some red meat (a non-existent MVC conference invite) has been thrown in between you dogs you are now out for each other's blood. I love it.
    GFY....puppy dog

NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Summit League tournament attendance the last 2 years was 61,000. All session tickets sold for about $15 each, single sessions were $22. If the league netted $10 per ticket (no real idea if that's realistic), that's $610,000.
    That's a good chunk of change if true however the benefit for attendance has to be compared to what the attendance WOULD have been if not in that location. The Jacks and Yotes can't take credit for that kind of money if revenue at some other location would have been 80% of what it is in Sioux Falls?

For example, what would the attendance be if the tournament was in Fargo or somewhere else? With UND joining the league i wonder what the attendance would be if the games were held in ND vs. SD. Certainly the facility plays a role in the attendance but to me it has more to do with the proximity of two teams to the venue.

This.

UND is a big basketball school
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Don't forget the SLT has expenses.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    That's a good chunk of change if true however the benefit for attendance has to be compared to what the attendance WOULD have been if not in that location. The Jacks and Yotes can't take credit for that kind of money if revenue at some other location would have been 80% of what it is in Sioux Falls?

For example, what would the attendance be if the tournament was in Fargo or somewhere else? With UND joining the league i wonder what the attendance would be if the games were held in ND vs. SD. Certainly the facility plays a role in the attendance but to me it has more to do with the proximity of two teams to the venue.
    Until Fargo puts their money where your mouth is, SIOUX FALLS (not Jacks and Yotes) can take all the credit they want.