View Poll Results: What you rather NDSU do, MVC or Summit?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • NDSU, SDSU to the MVC. Conference tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

24 35.82%
  • NDSU, SDSU, USD to the MVC. Conference Tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

22 32.84%
  • Get Mankato and St Cloud to drop football and move to Summit

0 0%
  • Stay in Summit as is.

21 31.34%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Default Re: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl!! When do the rings arrive? Where is the trophy displayed? Will it be displayed at the Sioux Falls Scheels?
    What Super Bowl? Not even a win over Oklahoma is a "Super Bowl." I just want to know why you insist SDSU is better against a team they were 0-2 in the most recent season. Looks like "Super Bowl" means you lack a position in this argument.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    SDSU was a 12 seed last season and lost by 5 to Maryland who was lead by Melo Trimble, Diamond Stone, and Rasheed Sulaimon. Maryland was under-seeded and lost to #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16. Maryland was ranked in the top 5 for a good majority of the season.
    key word Longhorn was making a point to
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

ok I went back thru the records.

since 2006 D1:

NDSU v SDSU 17-5 (11 straight at 1 point--how is that now the dominating Program?)
    NDSU v USD 9-3
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    SDSU was a 12 seed last season and lost by 5 to Maryland who was lead by Melo Trimble, Diamond Stone, and Rasheed Sulaimon. Maryland was under-seeded and lost to #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16. Maryland was ranked in the top 5 for a good majority of the season.
    Wow this is UND esque. Congrats on your moral victory. We appreciate the extra cash you delivered for the conference....oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    What Super Bowl? Not even a win over Oklahoma is a "Super Bowl." I just want to know why you insist SDSU is better against a team they were 0-2 in the most recent season. Looks like "Super Bowl" means you lack a position in this argument.
    Well I mean it's obvious right? We only beat them the first time because they overlooked us due to our lowly standing at the top of the conference compared to them being down at the bottom. We only beat them by more the second time because they overlooked us even more than the first time. It's simple sports psychology. /purple

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Wow this is UND esque. Congrats on your moral victory. We appreciate the extra cash you delivered for the conference....oh wait.
    Since you bring up cash delivered to the conference... I wonder which delivers more revenue to the league and its individual members: dollars from NDSU's tournament win or dollars from an annual conference tournament that is well attended.

I seem to remember Douple talking at one point about how the Summit is one of only a few conferences that actually writes checks to member schools from conference tournament revenue. IIRC, that was back when the tournament was held in a 6,000 seat arena, average attendance is well over that number now. Maybe the actual dollar amount isn't much, but I would be curious to know.

Does anyone know the revenue schools receive from NDSU's tournament win vs what the conference pays out (if my memory isn't complete crap on that issue)?

Since you bring up cash delivered to the conference... I wonder which delivers more revenue to the league and its individual members: dollars from NDSU's tournament win or dollars from an annual conference tournament that is well attended.

I seem to remember Douple talking at one point about how the Summit is one of only a few conferences that actually writes checks to member schools from conference tournament revenue. IIRC, that was back when the tournament was held in a 6,000 seat arena, average attendance is well over that number now. Maybe the actual dollar amount isn't much, but I would be curious to know.

Does anyone know the revenue schools receive from NDSU's tournament win vs what the conference pays out (if my memory isn't complete crap on that issue)?
    about 1.5 million over 6 years.

Doesn't matter. NDSU's win still brings in more then SDSU's non win. Keep spinning...

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    about 1.5 million over 6 years.
    So each school receives $250,000 per year? I would be shocked if the SLT provides that much. Anybody know?

So each school receives $250,000 per year? I would be shocked if the SLT provides that much. Anybody know?
    I'd be shocked if the SLT has provided that much in total since it moved to Sioux Falls honestly.