View Poll Results: What you rather NDSU do, MVC or Summit?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • NDSU, SDSU to the MVC. Conference tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

24 35.82%
  • NDSU, SDSU, USD to the MVC. Conference Tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

22 32.84%
  • Get Mankato and St Cloud to drop football and move to Summit

0 0%
  • Stay in Summit as is.

21 31.34%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Default Re: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    One of the dumbest posts I've seen on BV, and that says a lot. What does NHL talent have to do with basketball and the MVC? How clueless are you?

Every year NDSU do not make the NCAA tournament your one win becomes less and less important to anyone outside of Fargo. It has been three seasons since the win? Next year will be four, the year after five, you get the picture. Your next shot at the tourney? Maybe six seasons after your big win, that's a big maybe. You have no shot next season or the year after. As long as Mooney and Daum are around NDSU will be an afterthought. And with TJ and Smith at the South Dakota schools, good luck out recruiting either. Maybe if Richmond leaves. Or maybe if your school stops running that sleep inducing weave...

But hey, your heading to the B12, or is it the Mountain West, or MVC, or MAC? Hard to tell what the fan boys on BV are dreaming up today.

NDSU are going nowhere, there is no FBS conference who want you and the MVC will only take you if there is a geographic bridge between you and them (SDSU). The same geographic bridge that got NDSU into the Gatway (SDSU). You may not like it, but an SDSU invite is your only shot at getting into the MVC and I don't expect that to happen.

Personally, if an MVC invite came to SDSU I'd rather move with USD. They have an up and coming BB program and are a better geographic fit.
    The question remains. What has SDSU done to make SDSU the premiere basketball school of the upper Midwest that all Bunny fans seem to think they are? There is nothing that you can point to that puts SDSU head and shoulders above NDSU.

Allow me to translate jacksfan29's post. He is saying the best thing SDSU has going for them is they are a bridge to NDSU and he'd rather be eaten by a coyote then get stomped by the Bison anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The question remains. What has SDSU done to make SDSU the premiere basketball school of the upper Midwest that all Bunny fans seem to think they are? There is nothing that you can point to that puts SDSU head and shoulders above NDSU.
    SDSU won the most recent Summit League Tournament. By definition, that would make us CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

USD won the regular season title, they are CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

NDSU is CURRENTLY the 3rd (actually probably 4th) best team in the Dakotas. And somehow an argument is being made that they are superior? Seriously? You guys seem to have finally gotten over Woody, at some point you should get over the tournament win and worry about the CURRENT state of your basketball team.

You did win a tournament game 3 or 4 years ago, so there is that. I say 3 or 4 years because I don't remember exactly because who gives a shit? The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals 3 years ago. Are they CURRENTLY the best team in the NBA? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    SDSU won the most recent Summit League Tournament. By definition, that would make us CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

NDSU is CURRENTLY the 3rd (actually probably 4th) best team in the Dakotas. And somehow an argument is being made that they are superior? Seriously? You guys seem to have finally gotten over Woody, at some point you should get over the tournament win and worry about the CURRENT state of your basketball team.

You did win a tournament game 3 or 4 years ago, so there is that. I say 3 or 4 years because I don't remember exactly because who gives a shit? The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals 3 years ago. Are they CURRENTLY the best team in the NBA? Of course not.
    The problem is that athletic programs aren't judged simply based on what they did in the last year or two. They are judged on a body of work over a period of time. Since move to D1, NDSU and SDSU men's basketball is nearly identical except that SDSU has 1 more appearance and NDSU has 1 more tournament win. That is what the programs are defined by. Nothing more than that.

HERE WE GO!!

What’s to keep the Summit from deciding to sponsor football and the raid the Valley to become more well-rounded? Same for the Valley which could take the three Dakota schools from the Summit (North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State) and expand to 12 in hoops?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...essional-bill/
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

At least you're starting to acknowledge that USD is passing SDSU as the best basketball program in South Dakota.

Can someone remind me what was SDSU's record against NDSU in Men's Basketball the most recent season?
    Hail the BISON!!!

A) For like the hundredth time, we are talking about success of a program (sustained), not success of a team or player (which is where your current comment applies).
    B) You're tripping over your own logic on the way you claim that both SDSU and USD are better...
    C) If SDSU is "zomg the best team ever in the Summit" why did we sweep y'all this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Can someone remind me what was SDSU's record against NDSU in Men's Basketball the most recent season?
    Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl!! When do the rings arrive? Where is the trophy displayed? Will it be displayed at the Sioux Falls Scheels?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    A) For like the hundredth time, we are talking about success of a program (sustained), not success of a team or player (which is where your current comment applies).
    B) You're tripping over your own logic on the way you claim that both SDSU and USD are better...
    C) If SDSU is "zomg the best team ever in the Summit" why did we sweep y'all this year?
    1)The only way NDSU's program is anywhere near SDSU's level is if the (sustained) success is measured over the years since moving DI. Talk whole history and it is no contest honestly.
    2)USD won regular season. SDSU won tournament. What did NDSU win?
    3)Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl!! Will there be a ring ceremony at the 50 yard line at next year's football home opener?