View Poll Results: What you rather NDSU do, MVC or Summit?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • NDSU, SDSU to the MVC. Conference tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

24 35.82%
  • NDSU, SDSU, USD to the MVC. Conference Tourney rotates between Sioux Falls and STL

22 32.84%
  • Get Mankato and St Cloud to drop football and move to Summit

0 0%
  • Stay in Summit as is.

21 31.34%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Default Re: Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was shocked to find that nowhere on that list was the prestigious SDSU basketball program mentioned!

First reason mentioned for adding NDSU... rabid fanbase.

Here's a really interesting take. Makes most sense
    http://www.college-sports-journal.co...nce-expansion/

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ndsu and Sdsu would be direct threats to all of those schools

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Ndsu and Sdsu would be direct threats to all of those schools
    Yep. Not short term but inevitably we will. I'll just say this. It UNI can be very successful in a state where they play 3rd fiddle - The Dakota schools have just as much or more upside. We haven't even scratched the surface of what we could be. Just wait until we start packing the SHAC every night and all the seats can gain us significant Teammakers revenue. That's when we will really start to meet our full potential. The same is true for all the Dakota schools.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Yep. Not short term but inevitably we will. I'll just say this. It UNI can be very successful in a state where they play 3rd fiddle - The Dakota schools have just as much or more upside. We haven't even scratched the surface of what we could be. Just wait until we start packing the SHAC every night and all the seats can gain us significant Teammakers revenue. That's when we will really start to meet our full potential. The same is true for all the Dakota schools.
    I wonder if it'll ever happen. Has anything taken place to indicate NDSU will ever "pack the SHAC?" Could happen, just not gonna count on it. I thought they would this year, didn't come remotely close unfortunately.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I wonder if it'll ever happen. Has anything taken place to indicate NDSU will ever "pack the SHAC?" Could happen, just not gonna count on it. I thought they would this year, didn't come remotely close unfortunately.
    We lead the conference in attendance and averaged over 4200 vs D1 competition. Not too bad for a schedule of many Wednesday and Thursday games.

We lead the conference in attendance and averaged over 4200 vs D1 competition. Not too bad for a schedule of many Wednesday and Thursday games.
    Place holds like 5700. Long ways to go to "pack" it.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Place holds like 5700. Long ways to go to "pack" it.
    Exactly so lots of potential to generate way more revenue. Ultimately we would want it to be mostly season tickets too with TM dues. Pack the place and it's huge financial gain for the athletic department.

Here's a really interesting take. Makes most sense
    http://www.college-sports-journal.co...nce-expansion/
    I suppose it does make sense to most people outside of Fargo. But if it goes down that way and we're stuck in an MVFC with Murray State and with NDSU/Summit schools having diluted voting power, and we're still in the Summit for other sports, I hope we don't sit for that. I hope we go FBS in football at that point and tell the MVC schools that passed us over to F-off. I'd even go independent in FBS football. Heck there's enough of those out there that we'd have little trouble finding opponents.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 04-16-2017 at 06:10 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Exactly so lots of potential to generate way more revenue. Ultimately we would want it to be mostly season tickets too with TM dues. Pack the place and it's huge financial gain for the athletic department.
    I like the optimism. Hope it comes to pass.