Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: potential 2018 FBS opponents

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: potential 2018 FBS opponents

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    X2 OK State would be a great game that is almost in my backyard. My next choice would be Arkansas (their OOC schedule is full until 2020 but one can hope).
    The only way NDSU gets into the Big 12 is when Oklahoma, Texas, and OK State have departed for the new Bigger 12 conference.
    Having been to several Arkansas games, I would heartily endorse that matchup. It's a great area, and Fayetteville is an excellent college town.

(I could also write off the entire trip by doing a meeting with Walmart while I was there.)
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Having been to several Arkansas games, I would heartily endorse that matchup. It's a great area, and Fayetteville is an excellent college town.

(I could also write off the entire trip by doing a meeting with Walmart while I was there.)
    IIRC, JJ said on Bison 1660 that Arkansas hangs up on him when he calls.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    IIRC, JJ said on Bison 1660 that Arkansas hangs up on him when he calls.
    It's a pretty good compliment when other schools don't want to take your phone calls. Kind of funny when the "big" schools don't want to schedule us.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This would be good. If we are going to play an FBS game, then good grief at least play a real team that is a challenge and something for Bison players to get up for. Giant slaying is far more fun imo than a lame opponent with nice road trip activities.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just got back from a weekend trip to Nashville. I say we give Vanderbilt a call!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Yea I'm not going if those drunk rednecks are strapped after ndsu wins by 10

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    This would be good. If we are going to play an FBS game, then good grief at least play a real team that is a challenge and something for Bison players to get up for. Giant slaying is far more fun imo than a lame opponent with nice road trip activities.
    After seeing what we've done to the likes of K-state and Iowa why would any FBS Giant want to play us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Matt Larsen please dial *69 before calling tcu.

Dam caller ID has sure taken the fun out of prank calling people.
    I think you mean *67 actually

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The University of Alaska has a completely open schedule. I heard you can go fishing there.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    The University of Alaska has a completely open schedule. I heard you can go fishing there.

A September game combined with a moose hunt would be awesome!