Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: potential 2018 FBS opponents

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: potential 2018 FBS opponents

Matt Larsen please dial *69 before calling tcu.

Dam caller ID has sure taken the fun out of prank calling people.

Lardsin must go!

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Come on down and play in Orlando...Central Florida would be a good test...get a little sunshine, a little humidity and a whole lot of cheap flights...Did I mention have beaches and beer!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Come on down and play in Orlando...Central Florida would be a good test...get a little sunshine, a little humidity and a whole lot of cheap flights...Did I mention have beaches and beer!!!!!
    would seriously rather go to Vegas, Florida is a Feb Destination...but if we have to i guess its ok..
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Oklahoma State. Beat another Big 12 team and maybe they might find room for NDSU ( I know, wishful thinking).

I wouldn't mind Middle Tennessee State, mostly because I love Nashville. Very doubtful this would happen.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    I wouldn't mind Middle Tennessee State, mostly because I love Nashville. Very doubtful this would happen.
    Not a bad drive for me either, but I'd go the extra 3 hours for Georgia Tech, and the Clermont.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    I've got family in Murfreesboro so that would be a definite road trip for me if it were to happen.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Guys, this is simple. Work out a deal with UNLV that either makes this our home game or neutral sight. We get 10,000 tickets and keep all profits from that. UNLV gets concessions, parking, and the other 20k tickets, and a 7th game in their home stadium. They don't average 30k anyways so it would practically cost them nothing.

10,000 X $70 a ticket = 700k. Minus traveling expenses we net 500k, get a winnable game vs an FBS and get to do so in Vegas. Outside of The cities, Iowa, and Frisco, if there is one place 10,000 Bison will show up for a game it's Vegas.
    Last edited by AKBison; 04-03-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Anything below P5 would be a disappointment. CSU in 2012 was a shit show but most of it was the uniqueness of Fort Collins. Not many G5 towns can live up to that city.

Now now dont jump on me saying "WHY DO YOU WANT TO GO FBS THEN IF EVERY GAME WOULD BE IN THE G5 TOWNS?! DURRR". Our schedule this year is terrifying. Next years is terrifying but could be salvaged vs a P5 school.

Having a schedule full of G5 teams is different if your OOC schedule sucks like NDSUs does this year.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

X2 OK State would be a great game that is almost in my backyard. My next choice would be Arkansas (their OOC schedule is full until 2020 but one can hope).
    The only way NDSU gets into the Big 12 is when Oklahoma, Texas, and OK State have departed for the new Bigger 12 conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Oklahoma State. Beat another Big 12 team and maybe they might find room for NDSU ( I know, wishful thinking).