Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: potential 2018 FBS opponents

Default Re: potential 2018 FBS opponents

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    After seeing what we've done to the likes of K-state and Iowa why would any FBS Giant want to play us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cause their fans want to see how to tailgate like a Champion?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, this might help, maybe, maybe not - will anyone answer the phone???
    If not in 2018, as perhaps Big 10 team schedules are already completed, at least it allows for the future.
    Do the RTB people have enough confidence in their team to reschedule the Bison???

http://www.inforum.com/sports/429999...philosophy?amp

NDSU athletic director says Big Ten modifying FCS scheduling philosophy......

......North Dakota State athletic director Matt Larsen said he's been told the new policy is a direct reflection of the nine-game Big Ten schedule. On years where a Big Ten team has four home league games, it will be allowed to put an FCS team on its slate.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 07-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.

I doubt it will do anything for us. Maybe down the road. Do OSU, Michigan, or PSU ever schedule FCS?

Yea, both parties have kinda moved on already in scheduling;
    NDSU (FCS) and the Big 10.
    Looks like Nebraska has one opening in 2023......

Minnesota has 5 home Big 10 games in 2019*, so if the B10 alternates every other year 5 or 4, that makes 2020 the 1st year they could schedule NDSU. Of course, that is the year of the Oregon game.
    And, if I read the article correctly, that leaves even-numbered years as the possibility for Gophers-NDSU.
    The Bison already have FBS games scheduled for 2022 and 2024 with the PAC-12, so........no gophs for a looong time (unless the B10 staggers the 5 and 4 home game format).

*the Gophers still have South Dakota State on their schedule for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I doubt it will do anything for us. Maybe down the road. Do OSU, Michigan, or PSU ever schedule FCS?
    Michigan took a bite of the FCS fruit in 07, don't think they liked the taste.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Scrolling through Massey, it looks like in the 2000s there were a few D1AA games - OSU played YSU twice, PSU played YSU and ISU(B), did not look at Michigan, but we all know about App State... but it looks like those teams stopped FCS games by 2010... I am guessing it is way easier to get a MAC school.

Don't see Minnesota or Wisconsin scheduling NDSU anytime soon... but would love to play Nebraska.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is good. Even if it takes a while to get the Gophers back on our schedule, at least we have a better shot of getting an FBS game every year. I would love to see Illinois in 2019.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    This is good. Even if it takes a while to get the Gophers back on our schedule, at least we have a better shot of getting an FBS game every year. I would love to see Illinois in 2019.
    Illinois is already filled with home games against Akron and Eastern Michigan.

In fact it looks like every Big 10 team is full for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Scrolling through Massey, it looks like in the 2000s there were a few D1AA games - OSU played YSU twice, PSU played YSU and ISU(B), did not look at Michigan, but we all know about App State... but it looks like those teams stopped FCS games by 2010... I am guessing it is way easier to get a MAC school.

Don't see Minnesota or Wisconsin scheduling NDSU anytime soon... but would love to play Nebraska.
    That would be an epic game atmosphere to experience. I got a tour of their athletic program about a month ago just prior to our WTT and I believe the scene would be a lot bigger than any other FBS team NDSU has played.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I'd love to play nebraska...easy drive, all interstate, downtown Lincoln is fun...only downside is the seating in Lincoln Memorial is suited for people 5'5 and shorter.

I highly doubt ndsu is on their radar considering they've beaten every team that surrounds them...literally