Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: potential 2018 FBS opponents

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: potential 2018 FBS opponents

Call me jaded but everyone getting all excited over yesterdays story regarding the bigX scheduling is taking the bait hook line and sinker. Fools gold at best. Don't expect Minnesota or Iowa to be open to scheduling any games. For that matter I'll be shocked if NDSU can get any decent bigX team on the schedule in the next 5-10 years. Guess it's fodder for those ok with staying FCS anyway. They can say hey we can schedule BigX teams again lol. Good luck with that. All the while Matt Larsen is smiling and thanking the Forum for running that story.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Call me jaded but everyone getting all excited over yesterdays story regarding the bigX scheduling is taking the bait hook line and sinker. Fools gold at best. Don't expect Minnesota or Iowa to be open to scheduling any games. For that matter I'll be shocked if NDSU can get any decent bigX team on the schedule in the next 5-10 years. Guess it's fodder for those ok with staying FCS anyway. They can say hey we can schedule BigX teams again lol. Good luck with that. All the while Matt Larsen is smiling and thanking the Forum for running that story.
    Maybe so, but there will still be a trickle-down effect that opens up other FBS opportunities. More FBS/FCS games is a good thing.

Why hasn't Missouri been talked about as a potential FBS opponent? It's not that far away, and them being an SEC team would be an attractive team to play.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDentist View Post
    Why hasn't Missouri been talked about as a potential FBS opponent? It's not that far away, and them being an SEC team would be an attractive team to play.
    Probably one of those teams that doesn't pick up the phone when they see the call is coming from a 701 area code.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDentist View Post
    They have been down lately

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2017/...ota-state-ndsu

Looks like FCS is ok for the goophs, with the exception of their “nemesis” NDSU. Ah, the price of success …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

Looks like FCS is ok for the goophs, with the exception of their “nemesis” NDSU. Ah, the price of success …
    How embarrassing it must be to admit as a B1G school that you are afraid to schedule an FCS team.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

I think this quote from another Gopher nemesis says it all.

"I will teach you the meaning of the word "respect"! - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack.

I also think it's kind of funny where the article says about 2019 when they play South Dakota State and Georgia Southern that the schedule appears as if they are "baking cupcakes." Even if Minnesota has a decent year in 2019, I wouldn't be at all surprised if either of those teams beat the Goophs.

Nick Saban comes out today and says " Power 5 teams should never ever play FCS teams"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?