Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Transfer

Default Re: Possible Transfer

Easton is very capable of making some big time throws. He just needs to be more consistent, but considering this will be only his junior year I'd say he has the potential to continue improving.

Here's the podcast. i would just give the whole show a listen starting at the 2nd hour. Coach K interview as well as Desmond. Lots of good stuff today including news on the Arizona game and Ben Woodside

FULL SHOW - THE INSIDERS - MONDAY 4/10
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

The Newest Bison Desmond Cain 4 - 10 - 17
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...d-cain-4-10-17

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

RJ and Shep will be considerably better playing LESS reps. Their strength is perfect routes, and maximizing their reps. This kid will only help in that. Great addition. Same with Engel. We are better at that position than we have been. Great job.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    RJ and Shep will be considerably better playing LESS reps. Their strength is perfect routes, and maximizing their reps. This kid will only help in that. Great addition. Same with Engel. We are better at that position than we have been. Great job.
    What I like is we can run the 6-5 Engel and Cain deep and then run Shep or RJ underneath which seems to be their strength. I like RJ better as a possession receiver. Kid catches everything but he's not a burner. And don't forget we have Dimitri Williams too.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Looks to be a good WR but let's not put it all on the wide outs either. Our previous QB had no trouble getting it to RJ and Shep and letting them make plays. Easton needs to take a big step this season IMO.
    No qb at the fsc level and only a couple at the fbs level can make the throw Carson made. He was just on a different level. We can't expect Easton to be as good as Carson. He is only going to be a junior and has only lost two games. Hopefully he can take that next step throwing the ball and be more consistent. It should help with Cain and Engel along with the other 3 wrs

I would hope Easton can make similar throws that Carson or any QB should be able to, look at the game winner to Shep in the UNI game in 2015, thats a throw Carson put up for Shep to make a play and he did, same with the PO TD to RJ in the SDSU game. Gotta be able to pull the trigger and let your receivers make a play. Hoping Easton can take the next step in his progression as a QB.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why do people insist on comparing a sophomore/junior QB to a #2 overall draft pick?

Serious question.
    Last edited by Scooter1; 04-11-2017 at 01:56 AM.

I would hope Easton can make similar throws that Carson or any QB should be able to, look at the game winner to Shep in the UNI game in 2015, thats a throw Carson put up for Shep to make a play and he did, same with the PO TD to RJ in the SDSU game. Gotta be able to pull the trigger and let your receivers make a play. Hoping Easton can take the next step in his progression as a QB.
    So any qb should be able to make those throws? Those were two perfect passes that not many qbs can do, especially in those situations. If that's the case Jensen should have been the number 1 overall pick with his record

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed on all points. My hunch maker tells me he is going to take it up a level

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So this Cain guy....he looks pretty ok.