Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Transfer

Default Re: Possible Transfer

Twitter says Desmond Cain will be on the Bison 1660 today at 12:30 today. Coach Klieman will be on at noon.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Twitter says Desmond Cain will be on the Bison 1660 today at 12:30 today. Coach Klieman will be on at noon.
    To bad he didn't transfer here for the spring semester so he could have participated in springball. Would have given him the chance to learn the offense and get to know the routine.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

His HUDL tape from 2015 shows a kid that was great on both both sides of the ball. He is a solid tackler, great catching fundamentals, impressive RAC skills, great field vision and routinely outbattled opponents for the ball. Add this kid to RJ, Shepherd and Illies and you will NOT be able to load the box to stop the run. Bruce and Lance's YPC just got major help.

His experiense running routes vs Big 10 befensive backs for two years should make the transition to a new team easier. The fundamental work appears to be already done. Blocking for RB will be the most critical transition IMO.
    Last edited by Scooter1; 04-10-2017 at 04:53 PM.

I am cautiously optimistic on this kid. He looks good, there is a lot to prove though. We desperately need a playmaker at WR. RJ does not do well against the opposing #1 CB but if we can get him on their #2 he can make things very interesting. Cain or someone needs to step up, the potential is there and I hope it happens. Not just hope I guess, for us to be successful it needs to happen. A good WR corp will open up the RB's and allow Stick to also run more if he gets the right looks.

He's supposed to be on Bison 1660 at 12:30 today.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    He's supposed to be on Bison 1660 at 12:30 today.
    He's coming up next

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Very well spoken young man. I loved his comment "with all due respect, I am here for my degree first and foremost." He mentioned wanting to work on his blocking in the run game. I think we got a pretty good kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Looks to be a good WR but let's not put it all on the wide outs either. Our previous QB had no trouble getting it to RJ and Shep and letting them make plays. Easton needs to take a big step this season IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    His HUDL tape from 2015 shows a kid that was great on both both sides of the ball. He is a solid tackler, great catching fundamentals, impressive RAC skills, great field vision and routinely outbattled opponents for the ball. Add this kid to RJ, Shepherd and Illies and you will NOT be able to load the box to stop the run. Bruce and Lance's YPC just got major help.

His experiense running routes vs Big 10 befensive backs for two years should make the transition to a new team easier. The fundamental work appears to be already done. Blocking for RB will be the most critical transition IMO.
    Add in a 6'5" Sean Engel, if he can become the weapon we hope he can be, and that's a formidable five-some of pass catchers that would be a huge upgrade over last year if Cain and Engel are the real deals and the other 3 progress as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Looks to be a good WR but let's not put it all on the wide outs either. Our previous QB had no trouble getting it to RJ and Shep and letting them make plays. Easton needs to take a big step this season IMO.
    The previous QB would be a tough comparison for any college QB. I think we have a darn good one in Easton and he has two years left.