Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Freestyle World Team Trials

Default Re: 2017 Freestyle World Team Trials

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Can you show highlights instead of just names and faces? Action should get the crowd into it.
    Sounds like a good idea. Being that the finalists will be known after Friday night, I shouldn't have an issue with rendering, especially since that part is done with Adobe Premiere (the first couple of parts are done with After Effects and take about a 1/2 hour to process).

The only setback with using video is that I only plan on giving each finalist 1.5 seconds so I can keep the intro around a minute in length before switching the audio control over to Nebraska's in-house DJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default 2017 Freestyle World Team Trials

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    You need another "e" in "Devany" (Devaney)...
    How did I miss that! Can't wait to inform our Events Department that they paid someone who can't spell.

For me, it'll be an easy fix as I'll cut the bottom two rows off the event logo.

Good eye Bri-Dog!

Hail the BISON!!!

Got a tour of the football stadium during our site visit; P5 money is unbelievable.

Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

[QUOTE=Christopher Moen;1208481 P5 money is unbelievable.

[/QUOTE]

Christopher could you find out for us FBS people where does this p5 money come from?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Christopher could you find out for us FBS people where does this p5 money come from?
    Being a HUGE national brand. Bigger than a lot of NFL teams. Also helps that these teams started out as major college football programs before there was major TV money. That, and I don't think the government in Nebraska looks for ways to stunt their growth.
    Hail the BISON!!!

FYI,

Hayden Zillmer is entered in the Last Chance World Team Trials Qualifier in men’s freestyle at 98kg.

I think this is awesome news as it is another chance to see Hayden blast some doubles. His toughest pre-registered competition is Duke HWT AA Jacob Kasper. I think Zillmer is the best of the bunch likely to wrestle here

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling...ance-Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    FYI,

Hayden Zillmer is entered in the Last Chance World Team Trials Qualifier in men’s freestyle at 98kg.

I think this is awesome news as it is another chance to see Hayden blast some doubles. His toughest pre-registered competition is Duke HWT AA Jacob Kasper. I think Zillmer is the best of the bunch likely to wrestle here

I believe Kasper is also a Greco guy, which is good for Hayden.

On a somewhat related note and in my opinion (in other words, I'm not speaking for the organization), we need more of these DI All-Americans to pursue Greco-Roman. These were the type of wrestlers that made us a top-three team for about a decade (1996-2007). When we started to push the youth movement with the Northern Michigan program, we devolved into a team that struggles to finish in the top-ten each year, and therefore, non-eligible for the World Cup. The best correlation for this scenario that I can make is a NFL team trying to win the Super Bowl with a roster comprised mostly of DIII/NAIA athletes.
    Hail the BISON!!!

FYI,

I was toying with the idea of driving down to watch one of the days. Would it be worth the trouble?

Quite honestly, most weights at this tourney lack depth and could be non-competitive. Buuuuut, there will still be a lot of high quality wrestlers.

The good news is guys can still enter the tourney so the overall depth can get better. Flo actually has Timmy McCall in Hayden's bracket now too. He could be a threat.

The headliners are Gilman, J Ness, IMar, Vallimont, D Ness, and Zillmer. Joey Lazor may be the most entertaining american wrestler to watch (Outside of Taylor and Snyder), and is worth the price of admission alone

The headliners are Gilman, J Ness, IMar, Vallimont, D Ness, and Zillmer. Joey Lazor may be the most entertaining american wrestler to watch (Outside of Taylor and Snyder), and is worth the price of admission alone
    I went and checked out the Saturday competition. It went pretty good after I figured out there was wrestling in two different gyms and I was in the wrong one for watching the Senior level guys. There is a lot going on with 18 mats.

I found the Ness brothers to be the most entertaining, not to mention the crowd favorites. Gilman had a big Iowa following there, which was easiest to tell by how many of them got up and left when his finals match ended. After a late, and I mean late, challenge, Joey Lazor had to come out of the stands to finish his semi-final match when they reversed the two points that had given him a tech fall. There more Jackrabbits in the field than what I cared for.

I didn't see any of this matches, but Jesse Shearer got 3rd in Greco yesterday and 2nd in FS today. I didn't notice any other Bison connections, other than some relatives (Fogarty and Bianchi).