Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison Spring Football

Default Re: 2017 Bison Spring Football

Dunn was a little better hitting the hole this year and didnt want to immediately take it outside every time like his RFr season. Dunn can be that guy I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Starters will be Board, Plank & DeLuca per my sources.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    there is a guy that will change that by fall
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Dunn was a little better hitting the hole this year and didnt want to immediately take it outside every time like his RFr season. Dunn can be that guy I think.
    hopefully the new OC, gets the ball to whoever regularly so they can get rolling, switching guys every other play is counterproductive IMO
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Can't wait to see how they distribute the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Lot of buzz from numerous coaches about Ty Brooks. Sounds like Kramer has got him into a good body to match his skill. Would love to see a three headed monster at RB again this year. Call them the BAD-ass back field with B-Brooks, A-Anderson, and D-Dunn.
    I was watching an old 2010 highlight a while back and saw some runs by Mike Sigers that showed some of the most explosive moves I've ever seen out of a Bison RB even after this string of exceptional RBs we've been able to watch. That guy was fun to watch! I'd love it if Brooks was able to bring back some of that "lightning strike" ability to the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    there is a guy that will change that by fall
    I'm assuming you are referring to cox. Hopefully he can pick up the defense with the red shirt year and another fall camp. Not sure about moving Deluca since he is such a good mlb but I'm sure he would be great playing any of the lb positions. Would like to see board, cox, and deluca. They would be able to cover so much ground with their athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I'm assuming you are referring to cox. Hopefully he can pick up the defense with the red shirt year and another fall camp. Not sure about moving Deluca since he is such a good mlb but I'm sure he would be great playing any of the lb positions. Would like to see board, cox, and deluca. They would be able to cover so much ground with their athleticism.
    Yeah, there's a long ways to go but from everything I'm hearing Board has been extremely impressive at SLB. I don't think the path to starter will be easy for Cox as some, myself included, may have thought. That's a good thing though. There's nothing wrong with having a little rotation at LB either.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, there's a long ways to go but from everything I'm hearing Board has been extremely impressive at SLB. I don't think the path to starter will be easy for Cox as some, myself included, may have thought. That's a good thing though. There's nothing wrong with having a little rotation at LB either.
    Yea would be nice to be able to rotate the lbs some and have that depth. It takes a toll on those guys when they have to play every snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    At the FCS level, Deluca would stand out at any of the 3 LB positions, or as hand-in-the dirt or stand-up rushing DE. He could probably even do well as a monster safety.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I was watching an old 2010 highlight a while back and saw some runs by Mike Sigers that showed some of the most explosive moves I've ever seen out of a Bison RB even after this string of exceptional RBs we've been able to watch. That guy was fun to watch! I'd love it if Brooks was able to bring back some of that "lightning strike" ability to the backfield.
    Brooks doesn't have the type of speed and quickness. Hardly anyone does.