Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison Spring Football

Default Re: 2017 Bison Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    With the LB spots it's going to come down to mentally grasping the positions. Board is an athletic monster on special teams but he looked completely lost when playing safety. The OLB position battles will be interesting
    I think after two years since being removed from being a starter at safety, that Board has a much better grasp on NDSU's defense. If not, than that's lot talent being wasted.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'll take a stab at OL....RT,Z Johnson....RG, Collin Conner....Center, T Volson.....LG,A Kuhnert......LT, D Radunz.
    Excited to see the battle for the tackle spots between Conner, Johson, Radunz, and Cordell Volson. Hope all 4 get some time early. I think the Kuhnert move back to LG makes a lot of sense, especially with how well Volson played in the first two games last year.

Really hope Cox can grasp the defense enough to play some OLB, but there should be good competition with Board, Marlette, Jordheim, Mercadel, Brinkman. Just want to see Cox and DeLuca on the field together at some point behind a healthy and experienced DL. If he needs some more time, hope he gets all kinds of snaps in the first two home games and is fully on board by the playoffs. Also hope to hear good news about Tanguay.

Check out the height and weights...

Cole Karcz DL 6-4 263 (now listed as DL and not DE... might see some action in the middle)
    Jake Brinkman LB 6-0 255 (is that a misprint?)

Look like Grimsley is up 12 lbs... much needed

Also I don't see Connor Hubbs on the roster anymore. Knee problems from High School never recovered from?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    That would be a big switch moving Connor from LT to RG and replacing him with a RFr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    True, but I think the lineup suggested is the odds on favorite for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    That would be a big switch moving Connor from LT to RG and replacing him with a RFr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Joe Haeg started as a freshman at RT and took over for Billy Turner and arguably was a better LT. I think Conor is really talented but his skills seem to be better fit as a power run blocker than an elite pass protecter

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Izzo just tweeted out the spring depth chart: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...83407584296961

Interesting that Deluca is moving to WLB to open up the middle for Plank. Cox is listed as Board's backup at SLB for now. Kuhnert moves to RG opening up the C position for T Volson with Messner moving in at LG and Bacon moving in at RT.

I get the feeling the upper classmen were listed higher on the depth chart to start spring ball but it'll be more of an open competition at those LB and OL positions that have opened up due to graduation. Specifically with Radunz and little Zack Johnson on the OL and Cox at LB getting long looks to play over the upperclassmen currently at those spots. I think it's telling that (if you don't count Wegner at P) Radunz and Cox are the only two rFr to crack the two-deep going into spring ball. I bet both work their way into significant, if not starting, roles by the RMU game next fall.

EDIT: Also pretty neat to see three ND boys top the depth chart on the O-line (for now). Some home grown beef up front!
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 03-21-2017 at 02:04 PM.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So far I wasn't even close on the OL!! Oh well...never been accused of being smart. For some reason I thought Bacon was looked at as more of a guard rather than tackle. At any rate I'm surprised to see him over Johnson who seemed to see a lot of snaps last fall.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

It will be interesting to see how things change from the spring 2 deep until the fall when games will be played. Offensive line will have lots of competition. It should also be a good battle at lb, surprised to see Deluca moved but plank did well filling in. Hopefully our secondary can improve, don't see Felix Dixon on the 2 deep. Can he make an impact?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jorgenson did say on the radio the coaches would ideally like to move Conner to guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Izzo just tweeted out the spring depth chart: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...83407584296961

Interesting that Deluca is moving to WLB to open up the middle for Plank. Cox is listed as Board's backup at SLB for now. Kuhnert moves to RG opening up the C position for T Volson with Messner moving in at LG and Bacon moving in at RT.

I get the feeling the upper classmen were listed higher on the depth chart to start spring ball but it'll be more of an open competition at those LB and OL positions that have opened up due to graduation. Specifically with Radunz and little Zack Johnson on the OL and Cox at LB getting long looks to play over the upperclassmen currently at those spots. I think it's telling that (if you don't count Wegner at P) Radunz and Cox are the only two rFr to crack the two-deep going into spring ball. I bet both work their way into significant, if not starting, roles by the RMU game next fall.

EDIT: Also pretty neat to see three ND boys top the depth chart on the O-line (for now). Some home grown beef up front!
    DeLuca will slide to the middle in passing downs and Plank will go to the sidelines. That's how they did it with Grant Olson and Littlejohn who was amazing in coverage

I wouldn't put much stock into the depth chart at this point. They always make the young guys earn their spots