Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison Spring Football

Default 2017 Bison Spring Football

Spring practice starts Wed, let's get some thoughts on the roster and position questions going

Default Re: 2017 Bison Spring Football

I think the biggest question will be the offensive line and who is playing where. Lots of talent and competition for 3 open spots. Another position should be who fills in at lb. I'm hoping cox can be one with Deluca but who is the 3rd lb.

interested to see on offense

Running backs... Will Bruce Anderson finally be healthy and take his game to the next level. How will Purifoy look? Has he added weight to his frame. How did Cofield progress after a season with Kramer? Lance Dunn?

Offensive line - tons of talent, curious to see who goes where. Curious to see Radunz and Volson after a year in the system. Will Zack J Johnson make a big step? How about youngsters like Howieson, Schoening, and Hecht?

TE/FB - interested to see how Ellefson progresses and how our trio of young fullbacks progress.

Wide receivers - we know what we got with Shepherd and RJ. Want to see how Dimitri Williams and Dallas Freeman take their game to the next levelbut really interested to see the 6-5 Sean Engel, RFR Trevor Heit, and speedster Victor Kizewski who was moved to receiver. I don't see Khavon Hawkins or Frandsen on the roster anymore

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm interested in the #2 QB how that shapes with Cole Davis and Henry Van Dellen

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I think the biggest question will be the offensive line and who is playing where. Lots of talent and competition for 3 open spots. Another position should be who fills in at lb. I'm hoping cox can be one with Deluca but who is the 3rd lb.
    yes. Will Chris Board grab one with Plank backing up the middle. Will Deluca and a Plank play together in some packages

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll take a stab at OL....RT,Z Johnson....RG, Collin Conner....Center, T Volson.....LG,A Kuhnert......LT, D Radunz.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    yes. Will Chris Board grab one with Plank backing up the middle. Will Deluca and a Plank play together in some packages
    Think of the athleticism you would have with board, Deluca and cox. They can all hit hard to. I would think board would do well in coverage being converted from safety and covering te instead of wr

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'll take a stab at OL....RT,Z Johnson....RG, Collin Conner....Center, T Volson.....LG,A Kuhnert......LT, D Radunz.
    That would be a big switch moving Connor from LT to RG and replacing him with a RFr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    That would be a big switch moving Connor from LT to RG and replacing him with a RFr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I know....just going off of rumor on that. Could be WAY off!!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With the LB spots it's going to come down to mentally grasping the positions. Board is an athletic monster on special teams but he looked completely lost when playing safety. The OLB position battles will be interesting