Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison Spring Football

Default Re: 2017 Bison Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I think Robbins is still in the mix at fullback as well. Just getting him ready for some TE to graduate after this year. Kid is an amazing athlete.
    I agree. I saw this as a way to turn him into the role left by Morlock. That backfield guy that can motion up to the line or swing out of the back field etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree. I saw this as a way to turn him into the role left by Morlock. That backfield guy that can motion up to the line or swing out of the back field etc.
    Yep. Although I think Robbins fits more into the Bonnet mold than the Morlock mold.

He needs to work on his beard and hair game though... and he probably doesn't have the tackler hurdle move mastered yet.

Is there a place to find out what is all on the Showcase stuff for Friday night?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Is there a place to find out what is all on the Showcase stuff for Friday night?
    Yes - ND State Bison fb page - has a FEW of the items.

(Hand over your ck bk & I'll be happy to buy you something.... golf perhaps with the COACH!)

There is a National Championship Football signed by all of the players from the 2011-2012 team. It belonged to a 6 year old boy who passed away from leukemia. All proceeds are going to a the NDSU Scholarships Fund and we are going to make the little kid an honorary TM as he was a huge Bison fan..

If anyone wold like the complete story I will be at the show case.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Something in my eye...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Here is the complete story----

Which is in an Email to Troy on the history of the ball.

There is a gentleman who has visited our tailgate on occasion for the last 6-8 years. A couple of years ago he shows up and gives us this football for being so nice to him over the years. We ask why doesnt he want the ball and he tells us it used to belong to his grandson who was a huge Bison fan.. At that time he tells us this story---he and his grandson were at a Bison FB game where Dean B was throwing those little footballs in the stands and his grandson REALLY wanted one. Unfortunately he didnt get one and he was very disappointed . So grand father tells him not to worry he will get him a football but it will be a better one. According to his grand father that football was his pride and joy. Sadly sometime after receiving the ball he was diagnosed with leukemia and eventually passed away. His name was Lennon McAllister, 6 years old.

Of course we didnt know what to do with the ball because you cant divide it between 30 people. It took me over a year to figure out what to do with it. Our group---The Original Horny Bison Tailgate Group would like all of the money raised at auction to go to Team Makers in his name and in doing so would like Lennon to be named an Honorary Team maker.

So to all who will be at the showcase help us to make Lennon a Team Maker.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Brock Robbins moving to tight end. This is pretty big news.

On the published roster, this only leaves redshirt freshman Zak Kuntz and sophomore Garrett Malstrom at fullback.

http://www.wday.com/sports/collegiat...ving-tight-end
    I think Robbins is still in the mix at fullback as well. Just getting him ready for some TE to graduate after this year. Kid is an amazing athlete.
    I would imagine he will be doing a ton of shifting and motion between the 2 positions like Andrew Bonnet did.The versatility is pretty awesome when we can change formations with the same player and get him matched up with a slow linebacker

Brock is a really athletic guy. In high school he played running back. I think he is athletic enough to get an occasional carry at FB.

Plus Malstrom looks like the guy you don't want to pick a bar fight with. 6-0, 250 Minnesota state champion heavyweight wrestler who played oline in high school. Played unexpectedly last year when we had a ton of injuries and looked OK. And Kuntz is now in the mix and from what I hear is he has the potential to be the best out of the group. Pretty good trio of dudes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Noticed three new names on the roster, Jake Sanders, Nolan Love and Jonah Zimmerman. Don't remember adding on walk ons in the spring before. Any of these guys legit or just needed bodies for practice?

Some Bison talk with coach Conor Riley on the insiders from yesterday Also some spring ball talk at the start of the show with Gene Taylor mixed in between.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

Keith Brake had an interview with Jeff Illies yesterday on his show
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...18th-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com