Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proposed 2017 Rules Changes

Default Re: Proposed 2017 Rules Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Busybodies. Happening in every sport unfortunately.
    People trying to justify there position in the sport and come up with stupid things that do not add anything to the game other than to say they did something.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I find it laughable that 3 rules are directed at player safety, while the other many of the other suggestions belie it: Less time to recovery between plays and rest at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two main factors to increased game time is Instant Replay and TV timeouts. Both created and mandated by the media. Now they want to shorten the game so it fits into their time slots. Maybe they should start by eliminating those. Also the NFL seems to manage timeouts to finish the games on time.

I am kinda for the complete elimination of the hurdling the line on FG and PATs. It was so inconsistently called before. This should help to simplify the call and eliminate players from attempting to jump the line in the first place.

#2 I think effects our QB directly. Noticed Stick liked to play with his knees exposed last year.

#3 Sucks. More justification to throw a flag on what should be a legal tackle. One step closer to two hand touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Agree with the first 2 but not the third. The whole horse collar rule is ridiculous IMO. How many players have been hurt by horse collar tackles?
    I fully expect in the future to look like this.

Thread: Proposed 2021 Rules Change

1. No tackling
    2. No blocking
    3. No helmet to helmet contact by any lineman
    4. No kickoff
    5. No punt returns. Ball placed where it hits or all fair catches.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Agree with the first 2 but not the third. The whole horse collar rule is ridiculous IMO. How many players have been hurt by horse collar tackles?
    Billy Sims career ended from a horse collar, although helped by the Metrodome's terrible original artificial turf.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gotta love beaurocracy at any level. Stupid rules, red tape, more stupid rules because we can...human nature. Knee pad rule is absolutely idiotic. Leave that up to the players. They've played for years and understand the risks...which probably aren't that great. Hey here is a player safety idea, let's ban football in America and play soccer, or maybe hop scotch

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Billy Sims career ended from a horse collar, although helped by the Metrodome's terrible original artificial turf.
    That dude could get some airtime when needed.

Hail the BISON!!!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe the "rules committee" can pass some sort of rule that makes it immensely harder to pass rules. It would be the best committee ever

Why is everyone so pissed about rule changes all of a sudden. 1) they do this kind of thing every year. 2) football is rule crazy, enforcement crazy, structure crazy. It's a command and control sport. Football isn't football without stupid rules and stupid rule changes.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie