Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6-24 Record for season

Default Re: 6-24 Record for season

Improvement ? 4 d1 wins. Whatever. It will be the same excuse next season. We are young and not physically developed to handle this level. Give it another year. 18-19 season. Fact is our coach lacks skills basic communication skills to relate to her players. Not coached to play any defense. Case in point Taylor plays zero d. And she'll be a senior and has been coached three seasons now with mw. So that said I hope that we do improve despite these constraints I can't see a double digit d1 win total next year unless we're scheduled with bottom tier teams and get some luck. Side note. Big fashion no no. And that is tucking shorts into spankies. It's a bad look almost like a diaper at least on television.

Kudos to Sarah on new comer team selection.

maren should be coaching at d3 gustavus. she gonna ruin macey kvilvang
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Improvement ? 4 d1 wins. Whatever. It will be the same excuse next season. We are young and not physically developed to handle this level. Give it another year. 18-19 season. Fact is our coach lacks skills basic communication skills to relate to her players. Not coached to play any defense. Case in point Taylor plays zero d. And she'll be a senior and has been coached three seasons now with mw. So that said I hope that we do improve despite these constraints I can't see a double digit d1 win total next year unless we're scheduled with bottom tier teams and get some luck. Side note. Big fashion no no. And that is tucking shorts into spankies. It's a bad look almost like a diaper at least on television.

Spankies??? Really???
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post

Will you please go back to the corner with your dunce hat, ball gag, and duct tape. Thank you

If we don't improve next year than we can talk. See previous comments so I don't waste any more time typing.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

A lot of excuses for why this program is still failing. Its time to change the losing culture and expect to win games. As a fan base we need to quit enabling the losses and writing them off because of previous staff choices or youth. I definitely have concerns about Maren and if she will be able to coach these kids, next year will tell me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    A lot of excuses for why this program is still failing. Its time to change the losing culture and expect to win games. As a fan base we need to quit enabling the losses and writing them off because of previous staff choices or youth. I definitely have concerns about Maren and if she will be able to coach these kids, next year will tell me a lot.
    Nobody is enabling anyone. DeHoff was criticized so badly she is no longer a coach. And fans just stopped going to games so I'm not sure how that is enabling. Expecting 5 true freshman to not struggle is flat out unrealistic. Now if these same girls still struggle as sophomores and don't improve, I will jump on the fire Walseth bandwagon. And if they aren't an top quarter team in 2 years I will want her fired at the end of the year because clearly she picked the wrong kids. But expecting her to do magic with 5 true freshman is something Amy Ruley couldn't have done

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Nobody is enabling anyone. DeHoff was criticized so badly she is no longer a coach. And fans just stopped going to games so I'm not sure how that is enabling. Expecting 5 true freshman to not struggle is flat out unrealistic. Now if these same girls still struggle as sophomores and don't improve, I will jump on the fire Walseth bandwagon. And if they aren't an top quarter team in 2 years I will want her fired at the end of the year because clearly she picked the wrong kids. But expecting her to do magic with 5 true freshman is something Amy Ruley couldn't have done
    Nobody goes to the games...why because we are terrible. Nobody expects the team to win. We as a fan base are most certainly enabling a losing culture....nobody cares about the program except those that are directly invested. You love talking about our youth, I didn't see a ton of player development from the start to the finish of the season. I'm not calling for Walseth's head but I and others have legit concerns about her coaching ability.

Maybe things will turn and the youth develops like everyone hopes. Maybe Walseth can get it going but to say our fan base is committed to Women's basketball is laughable. They are lucky to get 500 people to home games....

What rules, limitations or other restrictions are on programs during the off season. How much film time, court time and coach time can they have. Conditioning would go along with those as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Nobody goes to the games...why because we are terrible. Nobody expects the team to win. We as a fan base are most certainly enabling a losing culture....nobody cares about the program except those that are directly invested. You love talking about our youth, I didn't see a ton of player development from the start to the finish of the season. I'm not calling for Walseth's head but I and others have legit concerns about her coaching ability.

Maybe things will turn and the youth develops like everyone hopes. Maybe Walseth can get it going but to say our fan base is committed to Women's basketball is laughable. They are lucky to get 500 people to home games....
    I said our fans are NOT committed. You must have read my post wrong or something.

I'll just say this. I won't judge 5 true freshman who didn't even get a year with strength and conditioning.

sarah & rylee couldnt even catch the iupui guards to intentionally foul them at end of game. Thats problem #1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?