Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: NDSU vs IUPUI: Summit Tournament Round 1

Default Re: NDSU vs IUPUI: Summit Tournament Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is the second time I've seen this comment and it's completely out of line and disrespectful. AJ had a bad game but anyone who's ever played the sport knows what that is like. To wish a guy was gone from the program who's put in the work he has over the last 4 years is pretty despicable.

Maybe it's the people calling for his head that need to disassociate themselves with the program....
    whh hes checked out, already going to denistry school in 2 years, what does he care
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

There was no runaway favorite to win the summit this year and how bunched up everyone ended up shows how that played out.

The Bison have obviously been recruiting the right players to win in the conference. We have the right coach to win games in the conference. This is what mid-major basketball is like. You are not going to be getting 5 star recruits. You get guys you hope you can develop into top level talent.

It will always be a roller-coaster ride because its the nature of the beast.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    There was no runaway favorite to win the summit this year and how bunched up everyone ended up shows how that played out.

The Bison have obviously been recruiting the right players to win in the conference. We have the right coach to win games in the conference. This is what mid-major basketball is like. You are not going to be getting 5 star recruits. You get guys you hope you can develop into top level talent.

It will always be a roller-coaster ride because its the nature of the beast.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    The other schools in our conference face the exact same challenges we do and it's not like they have way more resources or way better facilities than we do.

But yeah we obviously have to develop our talent. That's just the way it is. But basketball you sometimes need a transfer who can make a significant impact like Andre Smith. The Summit teams have great transfers or jucos

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The other schools in our conference face the exact same challenges we do and it's not like they have way more resources or way better facilities than we do.

But yeah we obviously have to develop our talent. That's just the way it is. But basketball you sometimes need a transfer who can make a significant impact like Andre Smith. The Summit teams have great transfers or jucos
    Later in the season the transfers learn to play together. Last night was a good example of mature players with a last shot at greatness. They outplayed our team, no question. Bison did not develop an inside game this year. Most of their best games were earlier in the year when the other teams got in foul trouble early in the game. If they get another game this year it would be interesting to see Spencer and Dylan start with AJ and Dex coming in off the bench.

All I can say is I hope the Bison play in whatever postseason tournament they get invited to. Richman uses the young team and lack of experience excuse all the time so why in world would you decline an opportunity for more experience and to develop a so called young team even though they are really not.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Very disappointed the way dave coached this team Didn't develop Geu at all. Geu and Ward should have played way more especially the way AJ played this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. Those two were huge sparks the entire year when they came in. The team was tired last night. Rich man hardly subbed and pretty much just played 7 deep. I was courtside behind the bench. The team looked gassed midway through that second half.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    All I can say is the showing tonight, by fans, coaches and players did nothing to promote Bison basketball. Thank God there is Bison football.
    It looked like maybe 300 Bison fans. That may be pushing it. I kept looking around trying to find more. A couple here, a couple there.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Amen to that.........know anyone who wants to buy a tourney pass?
    There is someone on a Brookings Facebook page asking about tickets...

Pretty easy to unload tickets if you want. I stayed for the games last night and was asked numerous times if my tickets were for sale. Ending up selling today's sessions and tomorrow's to a Yote fan, even though he was only looking for tonight's session.

They are expecting over 12,000 tonight, going to be a great atmosphere.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jables77 View Post
    Totally agree. Those two were huge sparks the entire year when they came in. The team was tired last night. Rich man hardly subbed and pretty much just played 7 deep. I was courtside behind the bench. The team looked gassed midway through that second half.

Jeremy Jorgenson was saying the same thing on the radio during the first half.