Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs IUPUI: Summit Tournament Round 1

Default Re: NDSU vs IUPUI: Summit Tournament Round 1

In the future, we may get to see what kind of vision Matt Larsen has for NDSU basketball. Even when we've won games this year, there have been glaring deficiencies in coaching. I'm not saying Richman should be fired for this horrible game. But you've got to hold coaches accountable for coaching poorly. And as a season ticket holder, I've seen some in-your-face bad coaching these last two seasons. If we have a crap season next year, I think Larsen needs to ponder Richman's future (if we're serious about being a legit mid-major team). I'm a relative new-comer to NDSU, having only been here for 3 years. Have we ever fired a men's basketball coach? Or are we too nice for that?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Geu and Samulsen can't play D. They got beat game after game. Samulsen can shoot the lights out but he needs to work on his D. The guys from IUPUI would have eaten them two up tonight as we are just not athletic enough. Since going D1 we have prided ourselves on defense, it wasn't pretty but it kept us in games, our D has been not good a lot more than it has been lock down. How do you get excited with no one to play the 5 for at least a few years and with that we are relying on a high school player who will be a project.
    The results speak for themselves. Its not like Geu and Samuelson aren't capable players. We weren't getting anything from AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    People can complain about Richman all they want and I've certainly been a critic at times but let's be real here, he wasn't out there missing layups and turning the ball over left and right. He wasn't getting out on shooters or boxing out. The players on the bench aren't any better and it showed all season. This years team was just not getting it done consistently all season and played their worst down the stretch. It is what it is a disappointing end to a mediocre season. Get back to work and get back to Bison basketball next season!
    He recruited players who mentally flake out in the biggest games of the season down the stretch and wallow in their own misery. It happened all year. I mean 6 baskets in the 2nd half. They mentally lost it tonight.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    They had zero chance at an NIT bid. Do you really think they would get in over Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Penn State or about 6 Big ten teams. No way in hell.
    They had a 100% chance at an NIT bid until they blew the regular season title.

Lose 3 of last five games. 5 of last 9 games. Wrong trend.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We had the auto bid had we not pissed away the conference title. If USD loses we can watch them in the NIT
    They beat us on our court how is that pissing it away tonight sucked but your a flat out a dipshit and I will meet u anywhere to tell u that to your face
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He recruited players who mentally flake out in the biggest games of the season down the stretch and wallow in their own misery
    Well he also recruited players that went to 5 straight Summit title games, went to 3 NCAA's and won a game in one of them too.

Big thanks to Carlin Dupree and Dexter Werner, amazing careers.

So many head scratching choices tonight from the staff. We go small but dont put Deng in??? Leaving AJ as our rim protector...what in the hell is that? We defended the 3 okay but damn we got beat up in the paint. Lots of areas to improve going into next season, a couple guys need to have huge off-seasons.

Super disappointing end to the season...

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have never been a big fan of our offense. When we got down tonight the guys quit running anything. It was hard to watch, reminded me of city league! That's on the coaching staff!

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    They beat us on our court how is that pissing it away tonight sucked but your a flat out a dipshit and I will meet u anywhere to tell u that to your face
    We lost 5 of 9.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com