Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Conference Tournaments

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Conference Tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    didn't Syracuse last year go on a s16/E8 run after having a terrible regular season? Teams like Monmouth should never be an at large with a schedule full of patsies. This is my first time looking at their 27 wins and the only impressive thing I saw was a 1 pt overtime loss @ South Carolina way back in early November. One 20 pt blow out loss to average Syracuse(a bubble team) and they lost by 28 to UNC(understandable).

Not very eye opening to the committee if those are the results of games vs tournament teams. Plus sienna went 17-16. Ick. Anybody could have a bloated win tally if they played Manhattan, Marist, Quinnipiac and Canisius.
    Monmouth can't control the conference it is in. P5 teams get inflated records by hosting a bunch of these same teams at home prior to starting conference play. Basketball home court advantage is a real thing. How many P5 teams start out like 12-1 or 10-3 by hosting a bunch of these same teams? Then they go like 8-10 in their conference and eek out 20 wins and make the tournament at-large

I remember Syracuse getting hot at the right time, but I don't think a mediocre regular season should have allowed them to qualify in the first place.

Also, none of this matters. Mid-Major conferences will never get more than one bid.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Think it has to go some ways, we see some conference champions get in and probably have no reason to being there other than winning the autobid conference championship and get blown out that first game. So on the flip side years like with ORU being high on the RPI and getting left in the cold. It's going to take increasing conference RPI to make them start considering it a 2 bid conference and then you have to take a bid away from someone else that typically has been higher on the totem pole.

You start telling the P$5 teams to sit out, then they're going to take their ball and go play elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Monmouth can't control the conference it is in.

Also, none of this matters. Mid-Major conferences will never get more than one bid.
    Plenty of mid major conferences get multiple teams in. Low - majors don't.
    College of Business Alumnus

ETSU is going to the dance, that is a team to watch out for. Their coach Steve Forbes will probably be at a High Major school soon.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Now that we have been eliminated, I don't give a shot about the tournament. However if that's your thing I won't rain on your parade

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Now that we have been eliminated, I don't give a shot about the tournament. However if that's your thing I won't rain on your parade
    Ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sounds like a pretty sad life you lead if you're live and die with ndsu basketball when it comes to interest in the best 3 weekends in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Sounds like a pretty sad life you lead if you're live and die with ndsu basketball when it comes to interest in the best 3 weekends in sports.
    Right? The Madness is lit regardless of who is in it.
    College of Business Alumnus

Northern Kentucky win joining Long Beach Stste and NDSU as the only teams to make the tourney in their first year of eligibility.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Northern Kentucky win joining Long Beach Stste and NDSU as the only teams to make the tourney in their first year of eligibility.
    Thats awesome congrats to Northern Kentucky!