Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big XII in Tulsa, OK

Default Big XII in Tulsa, OK

Here is some information about this weekend's Big XII Tournament

Pre-Seeding Information (Complete Pre-Seed List)

Bison Pre-Seeds
    125 #1. Josh Rodriguez (NDSU)
    133 #4. Cam Sykora (NDSU)
    141 #9. Taylor Nein (NDSU)
    149 #8. Mitch Friedman (NDSU)
    157 #2. Clay Ream (NDSU)
    165 #6. Andrew Fogarty (NDSU)
    174 #8. Dylan Urbach (NDSU)
    184 #5. Tyler McNutt (NDSU)
    197 #7. Cordell Eaton (NDSD)
    285 #4. Ben Tynan (NDSU)

There is an Official Seeding Meeting on Friday evening. I don't expect too many changes but there could be a few.

Schedule:
    Saturday March 4
    11:00 a.m. Session I - Preliminary & Quarterfinal Matches
    6:00 p.m. Session II - Semifinal & Consolation Quarterfinal Matches
    Sunday March 5
    8:00 a.m. Session III - Consolation Semifinals, 3rd & 5th Place Matches
    1:00 p.m. Session IV - Championship Matches

How to Follow:

Watch Live on Flowrestling (Monthly or yearly subscriotion required)
    http://live.flowrestling.org/#/event...2-championship

The Championship finals will not be live on FloWrestling. The finals will be broadcast on Fox Sport Southwest.

Live Results
    https://arena.flowrestling.org/event...B_OEM_ID=10410

NDSU Big XII Social

Saturday March 4th from (2:30 pm- 5:30 pm)

Baxter's Interurban Grill/ http://www.baxtersgrill.com/index.html

717 S Houston
    Tulsa, OK
    (918) 585-3134

I hope to see a Big Bison Crowd down in Tulsa.
    Last edited by Gladiator Dad; 03-03-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Added Flo Arena Link

Default Re: Big XII in Tulsa, OK

Even though there is a seeding meeting Friday they've released the brackets but I guess they can be changed but here's the link

http://intermatwrestle.com/Files/pdf...mpionships.pdf
    Last edited by Gladiator Dad; 03-03-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Five Bison wrestlers made the Big XII All-Academic list: https://theguillotine.com/2017/03/nd...-2/#more-54888
    Hail the BISON!!!

Is there an easy way on Flo to see who is on deck? I can see it on the brackets, but that isn't too convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Is there an easy way on Flo to see who is on deck? I can see it on the brackets, but that isn't too convenient.
    I must be blind. There's an upcoming bouts link. Much better. Now if the feed would just come back...

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can anyone explain why the losers of the 3-6 seeds get a bye in the consolation bracket? Seem backwards to me and forces the winners of the first round to wrestle 2 extra matches. For example Nein had first round match, QF match, and first consolation round match because he was seeded 9. McNutt only had a QF match and gets a bye in the consolation round. How is that close to fair. NDSU would of been significantly better off getting 3-6 seeds since they are winnable and easier road in consolation round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Can anyone explain why the losers of the 3-6 seeds get a bye in the consolation bracket? Seem backwards to me and forces the winners of the first round to wrestle 2 extra matches. For example Nein had first round match, QF match, and first consolation round match because he was seeded 9. McNutt only had a QF match and gets a bye in the consolation round. How is that close to fair. NDSU would of been significantly better off getting 3-6 seeds since they are winnable and easier road in consolation round.
    I was thinking the same thing.

I've been at work all day, but looks like the day is going great! Big wins for Tynan and Fogarty in the quarters. 9 of the 10 guys have wins on the day too

It's just the official way of running a 16 man bracket. Coming out of the 8th seed spot, you still have a better path in the wrestle backs than 9-16, but not as good as 5-7. It's just exaggerated when 11-16 are empty. I guess it pays to get a good seed.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    It's just the official way of running a 16 man bracket. Coming out of the 8th seed spot, you still have a better path in the wrestle backs than 9-16, but not as good as 5-7. It's just exaggerated when 11-16 are empty. I guess it pays to get a good seed.
    Interesting. So why not forfeit the first round matches? 7-10 seeds in most cases have near zero chance of winning against the 1 or 2 seeds so if they forfeit the first round they also avoid the beating by the tops seeds and end up in the same place in consolation round.

Anyway hope they can find a way to finish 3rd in the standings ahead of Oklahoma.

Anyway hope they can find a way to finish 3rd in the standings ahead of Oklahoma.
    We moved up to 2nd after day one. Not too bad.