Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Season Football Tickets renewal application is open

Default Re: 2017 Season Football Tickets renewal application is open

TM dues didn't change for anyone. Price increases, outside of the 'scholarship' sections, range from 1% to 5%. The less expensive the seat the larger % change.

Presumably the march toward price parity in the scholarship sections continues which should boost revenues by somewhat more than the 2% implied by the ticket price changes.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Based on the modest increase in the cost for football tickets, the administration must have a good handle on how to make up for the reduction in funding from the state. Otherwise it would seem to me the market for football tickets could have easily handled a larger price bump. What would it take to eliminate the waiting lists and prevent the season from selling out within an hour. Quite a bit more than this I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Based on the modest increase in the cost for football tickets, the administration must have a good handle on how to make up for the reduction in funding from the state. Otherwise it would seem to me the market for football tickets could have easily handled a larger price bump. What would it take to eliminate the waiting lists and prevent the season from selling out within an hour. Quite a bit more than this I'd imagine.
    I was a little surprised myself, so I looked back at the last couple years and they've stepped on it pretty hard lately, especially at the lower price points. From 2015 to 2016 just about everyone got a double digit percentage increase. (From the 20 wrapping through the endzone to the other 20 it was more like 20%.) From 2014 to 2015 the sideline and endzone reserved seats experienced double digit increases as well.

Since 2014 these are the smallest price increase at every price point (with the possible exception of some of the scholarship seats) but even so the average price increase over the past 4 years for the sideline and endzone reserved seats is right around 15% a year. On the 20, about 9% a year.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    With the rise in ticket price by $45 they better not cry about the cuts from the legislature or having to cut other things in the department. 12100 season ticket holders times $45 should get them a extra $544,500. Gap plugged!!! nothing to see here at NDSU just move along and look at the other colleges athletics.
    So they raised the price per ticket but did they raise the seating obligation also?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So they raised the price per ticket but did they raise the seating obligation also?
    They raised the ticket price by $10. From $240 to $250 on the sidelines and from $180 to $190 in the endzones. Teammakers dues didn't change for anyone (except, presumably, for those scholarship level seats still making their way towards price parity).

Any idea why these are due a month earlier than last year? A little consistency would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    Any idea why these are due a month earlier than last year? A little consistency would be nice.
    An extra $15,000 in interest income?

Don't ask, just pay the money dude.

The quicker you pay, the less chances the darn nihilists (very UNDish) get involved.

Hail the BISON!!!

The due date was April 1st in 2014 and 2015 also.

533 In a row

Maybe so some of us can get our annual rejection post cards a month sooner?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club