Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Dupree has stepped up in a lot of big moments throughout his career. Dont be surprised to see him have a good tournament.
    Saw this on twitter...makes me feel good about our chances. Our guys will be motivated and I have a sneaky feeling Big Dex will do everything in his power to will this team to a tourney win in his senior year.

https://twitter.com/NDSUmbb/status/836585709758734336

This team really just needs AJ to be a glue type guy. Constantly bring defense, rebounding and efficient scoring. To be more efficient he does need to attack more and get to the line.

With Dex gone, next year is when AJ will really have to step up but for now just be that glue guy like KB was for so many Bison teams.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Looking forward to the Wild Summit tourney. Go Bison Horns Up
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

if you see the ndsu fans that have been at EVERY SUMMIT TOURNEY... buy them a beer. "ahem...ahem"

Cannot wait for NDSU/USD on Tuesday night, who will the Bunny Turds cheer for?? will they even show up, or will there only be like 4000 people there haha.

We need to DEFEND THE 3, I don't give a crap if we are too aggressive and they go buy us, i'd rather teams shoot 15 footers, then 3 point shots... that's what's killed us this year.

PS- Coach Richman, if you wanna win this tourney START TYSON WARD, PLAY HIM 25 MINUTES, he isn't a freshman anymore.

Khy
    Carlin
    Paul
    Ward
    Dexter *Dylan*

that's the best line up we got. Sorry its the truth.

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXTRA ROOMS FOR MONDAY TUESDAY? REP ME IF U DO & LEAVE PHONE #
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 03-01-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

USD was picked 7th in the Summit League pre-season poll.
    Good article on how the Coyotes did it.....

http://m.yankton.net/sports/article_....html?mode=jqm

Smith and his staff set out to build the kind of team that could beat some of those elite Summit League programs. They enticed three players from other Division I programs to come to Vermillion to help build a championship contender: Trey Dickerson (Iowa), Matt Mooney (Air Force) and Carlton Hurst (Colorado State). That trio sat out last season as redshirts, and in short order, people began to rave about their potential; about their ability to hit the court together the following season and help turn things around......

......Transfers don’t equal immediate success; it takes you time to develop chemistry and a feel for who works well together.

In time, though, USD got it all figured out. It became clear right away that Dickerson was a true point guard (a distributor, etc.), that Hurst was physical and freakishly athletic (his exploits in the weight room are already legendary), and that Mooney was a high-level scorer. Add to that Burch-Manning and Flack down low, and the Coyotes suddenly had a new-look squad that was versatile, quick and athletic.

You could make a valid argument, however, that it’s been the play of three freshmen off the bench that have made the difference for this time. Triston Simpson, Tyler Peterson and Brandon Armstrong all average double digit minutes, and it’s gotten to the point where there’s no concern throwing them into the fire late in a tight game.....

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if you see the ndsu fans that have been at EVERY SUMMIT TOURNEY... buy them a beer. "ahem...ahem"

I look forward to you buying me that beer then!

I hope AJ goes off for 30 one of these games. Party because it means we win in a blowout, partly to see people's reactions around here.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I hope AJ goes off for 30 one of these games. Party because it means we win in a blowout, partly to see people's reactions around here.
    Wouldn't be a shocker because he can go off at times. He is a completely unreliable player, and typically has not been good in big games. I said this year's ago and nothing has changed. I definitely would not start him

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I look forward to you buying me that beer then!
    and ill take a bison bomb at bwws after i do that. if you didnt pound 16 oz pabst's at the OLD ARENA.. then you arent a ndsu basketball fan
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    USD was picked 7th in the Summit League pre-season poll.
    Good article on how the Coyotes did it.....

http://m.yankton.net/sports/article_....html?mode=jqm
    Good read.

USD capitalized on a year where nobody stepped up. SDSU has a coach that has to be told what to do because he can't do things himself. IPFW has faltered big time. NDSU couldn't really step up and take a hold of the Summit. USD has quietly put it together all season and really look like a team that could be dangerous moving forward every year.

I really think this year was a lost opportunity for NDSU. We do still have the Summit tournament. In a year where the conference tops have fallen off, NDSU was on it's way until the second half of the conference season and have gone 4-5 since. Now we have to win a game in the conference tournament just to get to 20 wins. Really hope they can rebound for the conference tournament or there is going to be some major questions going into next year.