Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    AJ has had ups and downs all season this year. He'll have 3-4 good games offensively then go dry for 2-3 games. He's had a few rough ones lately (ORU - 3 for 16). I am hoping he'll be on the upswing for the tourney.

I think he's still a very good player for us even if he isn't scoring. He does alot of little things really well. I think for myself anything in double digits from him is definitely a bonus help on the team.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison vs. Jacks in the championship. This tourney is going to be a Summit epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Bison vs. Jacks in the championship. This tourney is going to be a Summit epic!

DEX Vs. Daum one more time would be awesome.

Exactly the wrong way to view any matchup. Bison vs. opponent. We need balanced scoring, team defense and everyone to rebound.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    USD is the best team in the league but I'm not sure they shoot the 3 well enough to upset anyone in the big dance. At best any SL team is going to be a 15 seed. I just don't see anyone in our league beating a 2 seed.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    Really I think most low seed upsets are by a 3 PT shooting team that gets hot. Really hard to beat a top 2 team inside with the usual difference in talent down low compared to usual play in a mid major league from a high seed.
    That's always a hell of a battle, and I 100% believe Dex is the reason you guys swept us this year.

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

AJ is a big key to the tourney run. He does not have to be great but he needs to be efficient. Knock down a couple 3's, nail a couple driving layups, and sink some FT's and the Bison will be in good shape as long as Paul and Dex have good games offensively. If the great AJ shows up watch out. What AJ can't do is play like he did last Saturday in Omaha where he accomplished nothing on either end of the floor. I have never seen such a piss poor performance on both ends of the floor. His usually solid defense and rebounding was nowhere to be found and he was totally lost.

With that said I like the Bison's chances in the SLT. Their experience and past tourney runs should serve them well and having that extra day between the Quarter and the Semi's will be huge. Perfect time for the Bison to put together some games where everyone is clicking as they have not had one of those games this year yet. No better time than the SLT and the Big Dance to do just that.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Dave Richman is the only coach in the league with a Summit Tourney title as a head coach. That won't change next week.
    This is the confidence I like to see heading into the tourney. So much better than all the negativity on the Omaha thread. A Richman coached team tends to show up and play well in Sioux Falls, I mean 2 years ago nobody expected us to do much and LA led us to the dance. Last year nobody gave us much of a shot and we knocked off IPFW (without Paul Miller) and made it to the championship game. We are also likely coming in with a bit of a chip on our shoulder after losing out on the share of the regular season conference title so it's time to earn the one that's more important. Let's get it!

Dupree has stepped up in a lot of big moments throughout his career. Dont be surprised to see him have a good tournament.

WEAR GREEN. been there every year always wear green even though newbie jeff culhane said yellow..
    sdsu wears yellow.WE ARE ONLY GREEN TEAM.

NDSU wins this tourney easily, paul miller & khy kabellis must takeover the games and let dexter bang the boards

and for gods sake DEFENSE THE 3... let teams get by you and shoot 2's.. who cares
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Dupree has stepped up in a lot of big moments throughout his career. Dont be surprised to see him have a good tournament.
    He has played good when it counts in the tournaments
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant