Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Dave Richman is the only coach in the league with a Summit Tourney title as a head coach. That won't change next week.
    USD hasnt really been in this position. Pressure on them. Meanwhile, we have.

If we can rediscover how to play defense and not go through these 6 minute stretches without scoring, I like our chances. If not, I don't.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I am a little concerned about AJ stepping up, he hasn't really proven to be able to do so in big games has he? He doesn't have to take over games just be solid. In years past he has seemed to shrink away in the spotlight.
    People hoping AJ steps up in offensive productivity is going to be sorely disappointed. He just never transformed into that kind of player. He can still be productive and play good defense and get rebounds, but let's not get get caught up in the trap of him blowing up on offense again. He isn;t going to, and the team can still win with him doing other things. We have scorers on the team that have been there all year.

Need a repeat of the first WIU game 3 times this weekend. Bison need to shoot it well and defend well.

On a side note which team does everyone think has the best shot at actually winning a game in the NCAA? Or is the Summit rep just a sacrificial lamb again? Any good looking match ups that could happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Need a repeat of the first WIU game 3 times this weekend. Bison need to shoot it well and defend well.

On a side note which team does everyone think has the best shot at actually winning a game in the NCAA? Or is the Summit rep just a sacrificial lamb again? Any good looking match ups that could happen?
    If a 16 seed- zero chance. 15 seed-dont hold your breath, 14 seed- 5%. Middle Tenn St did beat a Michigan St team that was one of the top 3 favorites to win it all in the 1st round last year. The Summit winner would need to get a team like Baylor, Arizona, Florida St, or Florida who have shown to disappear during games for long periods of time. Don't get me wrong, all of these teams would still be a double digit favorite, but all you need is a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post

USD is the best team in the league but I'm not sure they shoot the 3 well enough to upset anyone in the big dance. At best any SL team is going to be a 15 seed. I just don't see anyone in our league beating a 2 seed.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

The league really needs to schedule better OOC games. Win some of those games and the RPI rises and chances of being a 12 seed or maybe an 11 become more possible. Lets win 3 in SF and take our chances in the dance.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

FWIW, Lunardi's latest bracket has the Yotes as a 15 seed playing Baylor. I believe NDSU was a 15 seed in his prior bracket. Other 15 seeds are Oakland, Bakersfield, & Florida Gulf Coast. 14 seeds are Winthrop, Belmont, Akron & Bucknell. Would likely take a couple of the 14 seeds getting upset in their conference tournaments for the Yotes (or NDSU) to move up to a 14 seed. If anyone else wins the SLT, they will likely end up as a 16 seed.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    People hoping AJ steps up in offensive productivity is going to be sorely disappointed. He just never transformed into that kind of player. He can still be productive and play good defense and get rebounds, but let's not get get caught up in the trap of him blowing up on offense again. He isn;t going to, and the team can still win with him doing other things. We have scorers on the team that have been there all year.
    AJ has had ups and downs all season this year. He'll have 3-4 good games offensively then go dry for 2-3 games. He's had a few rough ones lately (ORU - 3 for 16). I am hoping he'll be on the upswing for the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I get that but there have been times in the past in big games were it simply looks like he is scared to be in the game. Let's hope being a bit older will help that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk