Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The NIT should expand and these other tournaments should just die.
    I think its only at 32 teams? Could easily expand to 64.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    For the cost I disagree. 1 or 2 games more isnt going to change a thing. Sometimes taking a break for a while can be just as helpful as "playing more games"
    Soooo....the preseason trip to the Bahamas didn't cost anything? I promise you that trip cost way more than 35k. Coach bragged about how those games against no competition teams were so valuable to the development of the young players and the team. But no, playing against similar teams in a tournament environment is too expensive and not worth it? Really, give me a frickin break.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Also why they need to get rid of all football bowl games with the exception of playoffs. Why someone would want to watch a game for 7th place in the nation is beyond me.
    If the Bison were in the final 8 of an fbs playoff that would be huge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

south Dakota looked great for 3/4 of that iowa game tonight. NDSU better step it up!

Mooney is incredible shooter

cant we find a big thug juco? 6 8 255 i dont care, someone w attitude would clean the paint!!

richman was at ndscs seeing guys but 6 1 guard james batemon isnt a post, but hes a baller
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 03-17-2017 at 03:27 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Soooo....the preseason trip to the Bahamas didn't cost anything? I promise you that trip cost way more than 35k. Coach bragged about how those games against no competition teams were so valuable to the development of the young players and the team. But no, playing against similar teams in a tournament environment is too expensive and not worth it? Really, give me a frickin break.
    Difference is for those games you get allotted a couple extra weeks of practice that normally aren't allowed and a guarantee of like 4 games when your there at a time when you typically can't be competing against anyone other than yourself. That trip is also a preseason trip, not after the season is over when they've been grinding it out for months. With these post season tourneys you pay a bunch of money and if you go one and done all you've gained is an extra week of practice at the end of the season. I'd obviously prefer to see them play but this is up to the coaches, team and athletic department and if they decided they didn't want to go I'm fine with it.

Some small part of this has to be setting the expectation that the CBI or some other pay to play tourney is not good enough. Don't want to set the precedent that ending the season in one of these loser tournaments means the season was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Try again. Give me a freakin break. Deep breath think before typing.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I think Dave may have wanted to play but with the budget crunch I doubt the AD wants to look at a Forum headline that rips the school for losing on money on some meaningless tournament.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Try again. Give me a freakin break. Deep breath think before typing.
    Think...like all the thought that went into your post? OK..lol

It's not about if they win a CIT or CBI tournament or get bounced in the first round? Ideally they win a game or two and this team learns a priceless lesson on how to win in a tourney environment. Something a lot of players on this team haven't experienced and will need to going forward. Worst case scenario they get a game to get the young guns some experience and the team gets another opportunity to perfect or at least improve their craft. They would have got a home game more than likely and would have been close to breaking even so what is there to lose? Record team maker donations this year and best attendance in the D1 era at the 100% privately funded SHAC. Money is not an issue and if anyone thinks it is you are kidding yourself.