Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

More salt in the wound. The Jacks and now the F'ing Hawks in the dance. Just sickening. Our team/staff better get their shit together. Enough excuses from the insiders. This season was a failure imho just because of the way we closed out the season. Watch the effort and body language in our 2nd game against the Jacks compared to the last few games.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Turning this around starts by competing in one of the other tourneys like the CIT, CBI, or Vegas tournaments. All we heard all year from Richman was self admitted excuses how young and inexperienced this team was. What better way to build your program and gain experience. You want your players to have the will and mental toughness to want to compete every opportunity they get why wouldn't the coach and administration have this same mindset. If they don't complete in one of these they are just talking out of the side of their mouth and I don't ever want to hear that excuse every again. I don't want to hear the pay to play bs either. A lot of teams with far less resources are playing in these things and you cant put a price on experience and developing a program.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Turning this around starts by competing in one of the other tourneys like the CIT, CBI, or Vegas tournaments. All we heard all year from Richman was self admitted excuses how young and inexperienced this team was. What better way to build your program and gain experience. You want your players to have the will and mental toughness to want to compete every opportunity they get why wouldn't the coach and administration have this same mindset. If they don't complete in one of these they are just talking out of the side of their mouth and I don't ever want to hear that excuse every again. I don't want to hear the pay to play bs either. A lot of teams with far less resources are playing in these things and you cant put a price on experience and developing a program.
    NDSU's season is done. They are not going to a postseason tourney. Too expensive for a meaningless tournament. Didn't UND pay like 20k last year to have a thousand fans at a CIT game at home?!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    NDSU's season is done. They are not going to a postseason tourney. Too expensive for a meaningless tournament. Didn't UND pay like 20k last year to have a thousand fans at a CIT game at home?!
    I believe it was $35,000. I could be wrong though.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Gotta love Jerry Palm

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    For the cost I disagree. 1 or 2 games more isnt going to change a thing. Sometimes taking a break for a while can be just as helpful as "playing more games"
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux27 View Post
    Gotta love Jerry Palm
    We know you love Rosie.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    For the cost I disagree. 1 or 2 games more isnt going to change a thing. Sometimes taking a break for a while can be just as helpful as "playing more games"
    As much as I'd like to see them play I agree that sometimes time away can be just as good. Dex is on vacation in Denver right now and Tyson is at home in Tampa so I'm assuming we are for sure out as stated above.

Also why they need to get rid of all football bowl games with the exception of playoffs. Why someone would want to watch a game for 7th place in the nation is beyond me.

The NIT should expand and these other tournaments should just die.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.