Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Hmmm, that home advantage for SDSU must have been why you gots choked your 2 seed away against the 7 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also could have predicted that response. No, this NDSU team had no consistency and was prone to not showing up for big chunks of most games. An early exit was likely.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would have had zero issue with that. Frost or Frost South, makes little difference in my opinion.
    Actually, if you look at the records it makes a big difference.

Maybe the rest of the conference need to show up. The excuse for Bison fans has always been the money spent going to Frisco, a solid excuse. For many Frisco didn't happen this year and yet many have stated that very few Bison fans were in attendance on Saturday. Including, from the looks of his posts SDBison who lives in the Denny's backyard. If he didn't go what's his excuse? The others, IPFW, IUPUI, ORU, WIU don't get anyone to attend their home games much less travel to the SLT. When it was held in ORU's backyard the attendance was bleak.

The reality is that USD or Omaha will likely win it all this year. I think they are the best teams at the moment. If either do, does that mean its an unfair advantage? Yes, SDSU beat up on Denver Sunday. It had nothing to do with the "home court" advantage. It had everything to do with the fact that SDSU are playing solid right now, Denver is not. Had SDSU, and for that matter Omaha been playing this way in the 1st half of the conference season both would have been fighting for a top 2 seed. SDSU has the top player in the league and a supporting cast that are figuring it out, our record does not reflect the play of late.

Time for the rest of the conference to stop whining and start putting up or shutting up. NDSU have been to the NCAA tournament 3 times. SDSU 3 times. How's that "home court" working out for us? How about you? It still comes down to who is playing the best ball at the end of the season.

I will be flat out honest. I am a season ticket holder but going to the tourney is not a priority for my family and I. Better things to do. We will watch it on Midco.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post

Maybe the rest of the conference need to show up. The excuse for Bison fans has always been the money spent going to Frisco, a solid excuse. For many Frisco didn't happen this year and yet many have stated that very few Bison fans were in attendance on Saturday. Including, from the looks of his posts SDBison who lives in the Denny's backyard. If he didn't go what's his excuse? The others, IPFW, IUPUI, ORU, WIU don't get anyone to attend their home games much less travel to the SLT. When it was held in ORU's backyard the attendance was bleak.

The reality is that USD or Omaha will likely win it all this year. I think they are the best teams at the moment. If either do, does that mean its an unfair advantage? Yes, SDSU beat up on Denver Sunday. It had nothing to do with the "home court" advantage. It had everything to do with the fact that SDSU are playing solid right now, Denver is not. Had SDSU, and for that matter Omaha been playing this way in the 1st half of the conference season both would have been fighting for a top 2 seed. SDSU has the top player in the league and a supporting cast that are figuring it out, our record does not reflect the play of late.

Time for the rest of the conference to stop whining and start putting up or shutting up. NDSU have been to the NCAA tournament 3 times. SDSU 3 times. How's that "home court" working out for us? How about you? It still comes down to who is playing the best ball at the end of the season.
    You and any Bison fans that want to argue it will just talk in circles because the bottom line is NDSU as a collective supports it football team much more than it's basketball team just like SDSU as a collective supports is basketball team more than it's football team. It's not rocket science and it's not likely to change anytime soon.

SDSU fans bragging about attendance...you have a brand new football stadium that was an embarrassment come playoff time. #glasshouses

We got beat. Move on. Best of luck to the 4 remaining teams.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Cool, that means we would have hosted at Frost in 2015 when NDSU upset us as the #2 seed.
    What's ndsus record at the dreaded frost arena anyways the last 10 or so years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    SDSU fans bragging about attendance...you have a brand new football stadium that was an embarrassment come playoff time. #glasshouses

We got beat. Move on. Best of luck to the 4 remaining teams.
    It's clockwork on both sides every March

I was at the game. Very disappointed with Bison fan turnout. But you need to consider all the risk involved for those attending crom afar. Especially from Fargo. Winter storms. Bison fans got burned the first year NDSU won. 1000 plus could not make the drive due to weather. Hotel rooms both hassle and cost. Most USD and SDSU fans can go home after each game. Also risk factor to investment is low for locals so they buy up all the tickets. I can go on and on. This year NDSU mens basketball team was #2 seed, but every fan knew they were getting worse not better at the end of the season. No surprise with the early exit. Attitude about the team affects eagerness to drop lots of cash unless you are a huge basketball fan and like to watch the entire tourney regardless of your teams performance. As for home court not a big deal yet. The NDSU and SDSU teams that won so far were near the top of the conference and stood out compared to most other teams. SDSU has a chance to pull a big upset this year with the majority of fans in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I was at the game. Very disappointed with Bison fan turnout. But you need to consider all the risk involved for those attending crom afar. Especially from Fargo. Winter storms. Bison fans got burned the first year NDSU won. 1000 plus could not make the drive due to weather. Hotel rooms both hassle and cost. Most USD and SDSU fans can go home after each game. Also risk factor to investment is low for locals so they buy up all the tickets. I can go on and on. This year NDSU mens basketball team was #2 seed, but every fan knew they were getting worse not better at the end of the season. No surprise with the early exit. Attitude about the team affects eagerness to drop lots of cash unless you are a huge basketball fan and like to watch the entire tourney regardless of your teams performance. As for home court not a big deal yet. The NDSU and SDSU teams that won so far were near the top of the conference and stood out compared to most other teams. SDSU has a chance to pull a big upset this year with the majority of fans in attendance.
    I don't expect SDSU to win it all. We are getting better but there are a lot of holes. I do expect SDSU will beat USD but that's because I think USD are a joke. Omaha will beat IUPUI and Omaha will beat SDSU, soundly to go to the NCAA tourney. The 2009 NDSU team, and if I recall the Braun led team both brought solid attendance to Sioux Falls. Maybe it has more to do with the product on the court. I don't think anyone felt that NDSU were world beaters this season. The conference as a whole is down this year.

NDSU will be good again next year and SDSU will be good next year. The reality is that SDSU and NDSU have dominated the SLC for the past several years and that will continue into the near future. Where it gets frustrating is hearing NDSU fans complain about SDSU's home court advantage. NDSU have done very well in Sioux Falls, they have just as many trips as SDSU and their history at the tourney includes the upset of SDSU (#1 seed) in 2015. I think NDSU will be fine.

Of course if the MVC rumors are true it could be that both NDSU and SDSU are looking south to the MVC.

USD has a better coach and a better young nucleus the sdsu. Tonights game is huge for those 2 programs. For one to keep the stranglehold they have in the state, for the other to overtake it.