Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Are you also a Jack football fan? If so you should really know how this feels and also the importance of home field or court advantage.

But, maybe the conference should let schools/cities bid for it like they do for football. Could bid year or two in advance. Seems to work for Frisco and the NCAA tournament. If you think your team has a big advantage from home court and will make the dance because of it and get exposure then bid big and support the program. Or give the prior season conference championship a bidding advantage or right to host.
    The tournament is up for bids, it is my understanding Fargo can't put a bid in is because the Fargo Dome is hosting the sportsmen's show that weekend and the show can't be moved to other dates. So I guess Fargo would rather host a huntin, fishin, boatin, campin show than the SLT.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Are you also a Jack football fan? If so you should really know how this feels and also the importance of home field or court advantage.

But, maybe the conference should let schools/cities bid for it like they do for football. Could bid year or two in advance. Seems to work for Frisco and the NCAA tournament. If you think your team has a big advantage from home court and will make the dance because of it and get exposure then bid big and support the program. Or give the prior season conference championship a bidding advantage or right to host.
    You just described the process that brought the tournament to Sioux Falls, as well as the process that has kept it here.

My gawd, this Summit League tournament in Sioux Falls thing sure is a precious little nugget for all the wabbit fans on this board. It's adorable really.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    My gawd, this Summit League tournament in Sioux Falls thing sure is a precious little nugget for all the wabbit fans on this board. It's adorable really.
    Its Bison fans that sound like whiny little turds every year that it doesn't go their way is what's really adorable.Every year we have to read about blahblah homecourt blahblah Especially for a team like this years that wasn't any good and the head coach had no idea what he is doing most of the time. *OH WE LOST TO A TEAM NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF WHO HAS A NAME NOBODY CAN EVEN PRONOUNCE IN ROUND 1...BETTER WHIP OUT THE OLD HOMECOURT CARD OUT OF MY BACK POCKET BECAUSE ITS ALL I HAVE TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT*. Seriously. Every year. Fucking stop it

SDSU won because they have the best damn player in the league by a wide margin. They were able to figure that out and it worked. They didnt win because a few thousand fans stood up and clapped on defense or because they erupted after someone made a huge shot which gave them some sort of adrenaline. Go to a game at CAS.. SDSU fans are near the bottom of intimidation. (sorry i had to go football there, never been to Frost but NDSU's recent record there tells me that home court doesnt exist there either).

these are D1 college players who have played numerous TRUE road games in front of hostile and not so hostile fans. Playing a game in sioux falls shouldn't be intimidating at all, and if it is..youre the definition of a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Its Bison fans that sound like whiny little turds every year that it doesn't go their way is what's really adorable.Every year we have to read about blahblah homecourt blahblah Especially for a team like this years that wasn't any good and the head coach had no idea what he is doing most of the time. *OH WE LOST TO A TEAM NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF WHO HAS A NAME NOBODY CAN EVEN PRONOUNCE IN ROUND 1...BETTER WHIP OUT THE OLD HOMECOURT CARD OUT OF MY BACK POCKET BECAUSE ITS ALL I HAVE TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT*. Seriously. Every year. Fucking stop it

SDSU won because they have the best damn player in the league by a wide margin. They were able to figure that out and it worked. They didnt win because a few thousand fans stood up and clapped on defense or because they erupted after someone made a huge shot which gave them some sort of adrenaline. Go to a game at CAS.. SDSU fans are near the bottom of intimidation. (sorry i had to go football there, never been to Frost but NDSU's recent record there tells me that home court doesnt exist there either).

these are D1 college players who have played numerous TRUE road games in front of hostile and not so hostile fans. Playing a game in sioux falls shouldn't be intimidating at all, and if it is..youre the definition of a bitch
    Everything you said is true. And so if the fact that bunny fans loves holding that the tournament is held in SF over Bison fan's heads. They know it gets to some just like you say. How tightly they hold onto it is what I find adorable. It's nice they can have something.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

So hey lets just let football playoff be bid on and SDSU can host all the playoff games. I'm sure it won't have any impact. Purple.

And we didn't even play SDSU in the tournament so SDSU moving on has nothing to do with NDSU losing. It has more to do with them winning with a home crowd. The USD game was impressive but other than that they get free home games and an easy path to the Big Dance no matter what and I think that sucks for every team in the conference except USD who also has the same opportunity. And they will get it forever. Pretty sweet deal for them... for everyone else .... not so much. They will go to he big dance 8 out of 10 years because of it.. that of course is assuming USD doesn't steal their home court. Guarantee you the rest of the league won't drive 7K fans there on a weekday. I just think for overall fairness other cites should get an opportunity to host. As bad as it is for us... try and be IUPUI, Western Illinois, Omaha, or IPFW

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So hey lets just let football playoff be bid on and SDSU can host all the playoff games. I'm sure it won't have any impact. Purple.

And we didn't even play SDSU in the tournament so SDSU moving on has nothing to do with NDSU losing. It has more to do with them winning with a home crowd. The USD game was impressive but other than that they get free home games and an easy path to the Big Dance no matter what and I think that sucks for every team in the conference except USD who also has the same opportunity. And they will get it forever. Pretty sweet deal for them... for everyone else .... not so much. They will go to he big dance 8 out of 10 years because of it.. that of course is assuming USD doesn't steal their home court. Guarantee you the rest of the league won't drive 7K fans there on a weekday. I just think for overall fairness other cites should get an opportunity to host. As bad as it is for us... try and be IUPUI, Western Illinois, Omaha, or IPFW
    Well Omahas closer to Sioux Falls than Fargo is, the rest...obviously arent going to show very good.

Again, SDSU has had the best talent in the league along with the best player the majority of the tenure that SDSU and NDSU has been in the Summit. If SDSU had NDSU's talent and won, then youd have a case.

SDSU's path is anything but easy any year...theres always close games. Theyve won them more often than not but they arent coasting through the Summit league either.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    The Summit is ranked 17th in RPI. The Big Sky is 27th in RPI. I don't know how much they consider that in seeding but that is a significant difference between the 2 conferences. SDSU should get a higher seed if they both aren't along the 16 line, depending what's happening in other conferences.
    The conference won't really matter in this case. An 18-16 is getting them a 16 unless there's some really bad teams in conferences winning their tourneys

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Yes it does. If we lose on a Saturday night I don't have to take time off work. If we lose on a Sunday night I would still have to take time off work.
    Good point. All sports is local.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is so uninspired and so uninteresting - why even bother? Maybe better to stay quiet after you get stomped in the first round? You guys are obnoxious boring when you're on top and whiney boring when you lose. That's boring on both ends.