Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Default Re: Conference tourney thoughts- before during and afterward

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sick of this home court advantage. If we played all the games at the Shac or within 45 minutes we would dance every year with a mediocre team
    Didnt we just lose to IUPUI?
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 03-08-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Sick of this home court advantage. If we played all the games at the Shac or within 45 minutes we would dance every year with a mediocre team
    Don't be a salty homer. Nothing about ndsu bball fans intimidate opposing teams. Much like lsu basketball or duke football

Jerry Palm has SDSU a 15 seed. He has the BS regular season champ UN_ a 16 seed. So no matter who comes out of there will be a 16 seed and possible play in game. Yes it is a play in game. You are not in the MADNESS playing on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. MADNESS starts on Thursday.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'd have to put them 5th behind both South Dakota schools, Denver, and Fort Wayne. Omaha has some huge losses. ORU should be alot better next year too.
    I think 5th is a little low. Fort Wayne loses Evans and Calhoun and USD loses Fleck. Denver kind of fell off the wagon at the end of the season (though obviously so did we) but they don't lose any primary contributors so that benefits them. I'd put us 3rd behind the SD schools as SDSU only loses Orris as well and as long as Daum is on that team they will be good. I just look at our team and out of our actual starters we lose Dupree but Ward will step in and I think unquestionably he's a better player. Yes the Dex loss is going to hurt but hopefully Dylan can build on some of the things he was doing at the end of the season and Geu can get on the court and start showing what he's all about. I also think Cam Hunter is an underrated piece to our puzzle next year, in the preseason game he appeared to be a very solid defender and decent shooter might help Khy stay fresh for a whole season by not having to play so many minutes on the other teams best player and run the point on offense.

After watching 13 of the 14 games in this tournament, I would agree that this tournament has no reason to leave Sioux Falls. The DSPC is a top notch facility. With UND coming in the location is easily accessible for four state schools that will have a fan base. The only thing that needs to be done is move it to a Friday-Monday format. My condition is the only reason that I was able to go this year. No matter where the tournament is, attendance by any fan base is going to suck when people have to take off 3 days of work.

The games themselves were exciting with many close ones. There are some pretty amazing players in this league and the balance of the teams made for more drama. I see no advantage to leaving this league. The geographic footprint is good. There's no reason all the schools can't commit more resources to their own programs and continue to improve. The 4 state schools will provide the stability needed to sustain the league. The atmosphere in that building the last two nights would rival anything the 'big' conferences would have and it certainly blows out of the water many of the other mid-major leagues.

Thanks to Roadwarrior for letting us use your tickets the last two days. I walked more than I probably should have the last 5 days, so not having to do all the steps helped out. We had a blast talking with fellow Bison fans, 'Yote fans, and Bunny fans in that section. If I'm able to go next year, I sure will.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Yes on a neutral court with very few Bison fans. Although we didn't have a problem beating them at home

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Don't be a salty homer. Nothing about ndsu bball fans intimidate opposing teams. Much like lsu basketball or duke football
    Have you seen our home court record or the rest of the Conference? All the teams suck on the road. These are home games for USD and SDSU

For Sunday night and Monday or Tuesday games, you will never see big traveling crowds.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Sioux Falls is a great location even if it gives the SD schools an advantage in attendance. Just wish the timing of the tournament would be shifted so that it ended over the weekend instead of starting there.

Bunny fans can be proud of the improvements their team made throughout the year to get them to the dance. Before they start talking smack though they should probably win a game first while they're there.

Yes on a neutral court with very few Bison fans. Although we didn't have a problem beating them at home

Have you seen our home court record or the rest of the Conference? All the teams suck on the road. These are home games for USD and SDSU

For Sunday night and Monday or Tuesday games, you will never see big traveling crowds.
    Ok so move it to elk mound Wisconsin. Central for everybody, or are we going to whine that Western illinois gets an unfair advantage

My point is you probably don't bitch about home court the 3 years ndsu has won it all

YOu said you were sick of this home court advantage. We lost to IUPUI which is in Indianapolis, I believe. The game was played in Sioux Falls, SD. Your comment makes no sense. If anything...we had more of a home court advantage than they did.

Had we lost to USD or SDSU, your comment might have made some sense.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Sioux Falls is a great location even if it gives the SD schools an advantage in attendance. Just wish the timing of the tournament would be shifted so that it ended over the weekend instead of starting there.

Bunny fans can be proud of the improvements their team made throughout the year to get them to the dance. Before they start talking smack though they should probably win a game first while they're there.
    Can't deny it's a great location and host city but the home court advantage is downright silly. It would be like the Fargodome putting in a bid and packing the place every year. What bugs me is home court advantage isn't earned.

Actually it will get super interesting when UND comes in. Seeing the dynamic of UND NDSU USD and SDSU fans trying to figure out who they dislike less will be interesting

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com