Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for NDSU Hockey

Default Re: Time for NDSU Hockey

HELL NO. if ya want to watch hockey Minnesota Gophers
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    But I'd bet it would be revenue neutral at worst. Probably make a profit.

Look, I'm an NDSU basketball and football fan in that order. The order will switch to football then basketball if we ever go FBS someday, because I love college football at the highest level. But I'd be a season ticket holder for hockey as well if we had it. I'll bet there's a lot of money and interest from the Fargo-Moorhead community that would flow to NDSU hockey and therefore further drive interest in NDSU generally.
    Look at what UND spends on hockey. Wheres the money going to come from? Then you have title 9 issues you are going to have match for a womens sport. Wheres that money going to come from? Now look at the current budget restrictions and cuts. It would be political suicide to add lets say mens and womens hockey while job openings arent being filled, people are taking early retirement, department responsibilities are being consolidated etc etc etc.

You know UND just did something similar as a committee actually recommended that they NOT cut any sports and asked for MORE money while they are being directed to cut 1.3 million.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Look at what UND spends on hockey. Wheres the money going to come from? Then you have title 9 issues you are going to have match for a womens sport. Wheres that money going to come from? Now look at the current budget restrictions and cuts. It would be political suicide to add lets say mens and womens hockey while job openings arent being filled, people are taking early retirement, department responsibilities are being consolidated etc etc etc.

You know UND just did something similar as a committee actually recommended that they NOT cut any sports and asked for MORE money while they are being directed to cut 1.3 million.
    Right now would be like the Vikings asking for a new stadium the year the bridge collapses in Minnesota when they had budget shortfalls

Some day the timing will be right... Just not now

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

FBS football and increase our coaching salaries in FB and BB also need a IPF and a new FB stadium before adding fricking hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    FBS football and increase our coaching salaries in FB and BB also need a IPF and a new FB stadium before adding fricking hockey.
    I think the biggest thing is to continue to increase budgets in all of our sports.

If we want to be a competitive mid major in basketball , we need to spend like a competitive mid major. That means paying our head coaches closer to a million bucks like they do at UNI and giving them bigger recruiting budgets and resources. Sick of coaches leaving for better opportunities and fans being happy about it.The Shac is nice by the Summit League standards but if we want to really wow recruits, we need to blow them away. One basketball player can make a world of difference. And being in a smaller conference and in a remote part of the country... We need that wow factor. As nice as the Shac is now it's still not going to blow them away. More money needs to go into it.

Same with football. The dome is nice but an IPF will impress them. But if you want to blow them away take it up a notch. Same with our locker rooms. The lockers now are functional. Standard upgrades will be nice but we want blow their minds type awesome. Sick of coaches leaving for money. If we pay big time it will be a career job not a stepping stone.

Once we get to that level we can talk hockey IMO

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't understand... what's so dumb about it?
    1.Hockey is a financial drain.
    2.Addition of title 9 sports.
    3.We already have a thread dedicated to this nonsense.
    4. Un_ sucks. Let them have this ridiculousness.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Canadian Ice Soccer blows!

I'd burn my diploma if NDSU ever added hockey.

I want nothing to do with this expensive niche sport.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BisonAccountant44; 02-28-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    1.Hockey is a financial drain.
    2.Addition of title 9 sports.
    3.We already have a thread dedicated to this nonsense.
    4. Un_ sucks. Let them have this ridiculousness.
    I believe you meant, Women's Hockey is a financial drain. Consider this, if NDSU football goes FBS, we will have ZERO sports on campus capable of winning a national championship. Let me repeat, NDSU will no longer be able to win a national Championship. That's a tough pill to swallow for an institution and alumni base that is accustomed to it. For that reason alone I hope we look at Hockey someday.

Football at FBS: Boise State type status which would be awesome.
    M&W Basketball: Ceiling is probably a Sweet 16
    Softball: Ceilling is probably a Super Regional but since we have done that perhaps a College World Series
    Wrestling is the one sport where we are likely to see an individual national championship.

Rest of the Olympics? Very unlikely

Lastly, imagine the epic anguish and butthurt from GF if NDSU ever made it to a Frozen Four in a year when UND didn't.
    Last edited by AKBison; 02-27-2017 at 04:54 PM.