Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time for NDSU Hockey

Default Re: Time for NDSU Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by skolbrother View Post
    I gave up on this years ago, the Non- hockey people are very loud and adamant, though I too believe it wold be a great addition.
    I simply enjoy watching hockey and accept not all do, they won, they beat me down.
    The problem isn't the non-hockey people, the problem is the financial reality of adding a hockey program. Only way it ever happens is if a big donor or group of donors comes in and makes it happen by removing a lot of risk the school would have to take on.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The problem isn't the non-hockey people, the problem is the financial reality of adding a hockey program. Only way it ever happens is if a big donor or group of donors comes in and makes it happen by removing a lot of risk the school would have to take on.
    Exactly, just like when hockey backers were pushing MSUM but couldn't get to the $30M threshold. Or even our own FBS now folks. Lots of people talk big but don't open their checkbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    This right here. I am not a hockey fan, but I am not against hockey coming to NDSU. I just don't want it to come at the expense of any of our current programs. If funding is there that does not hurt any of our current funding, go for it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not against hockey as I played it at Fargo Central. To add men's hockey, you'll probably have to add women's hockey or lacrosse. SS reported that women's indoor hockey had income of $29,239 and expenses of $1,429,827. Game, set, match.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    I'm not against hockey as I played it at Fargo Central. To add men's hockey, you'll probably have to add women's hockey or lacrosse. SS reported that women's indoor hockey had income of $29,239 and expenses of $1,429,827. Game, set, match.
    ...Or you could add gymnastics, rowing, or lacrosse at a third of the cost. Besides, in the words of the great Tatanka The UND prez couldn't lead a dog if it was on a leash. I wouldn't exactly use their athletic numbers to make a decision, it's like the blind leading the blind.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    ...Or you could add gymnastics, rowing, or lacrosse at a third of the cost. Besides, in the words of the great Tatanka The UND prez couldn't lead a dog if it was on a leash. I wouldn't exactly use their athletic numbers to make a decision, it's like the blind leading the blind.
    lacrosse would be great.. It is a sport that ESPN actually covers in spring and each year they add more games to telecast and sport is growing fast. I know it isn't big in ND yet but MN is getting big.

Plus, we already have the facility for it at Dacotah. All it would take is new field turf.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Plus, we already have the facility for it at Dacotah. All it would take is new field turf.
    New turf? Already done.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    New turf? Already done.
    New turf with soccer and lacrosse markings. Football will have an IPF by then.