Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2018 MVFC Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Big day for SDSU yesterday. Jacks get 2nd 2018 HS commit, Mason McCormick from Sioux Falls Roosevelt (6' 4" 285 OL).
    They are also getting a FBS transfer, Grant Schmidt, who will be eligible in 2018

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...sfb/102249584/

The Jackrabbits' 1st high school commit is also an OL, 6' 6" 270 Garret Greenfield from Rock Valley Iowa
    So the kid has now quite on 2 teams in 2 years???

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So the kid has now quite on 2 teams in 2 years???
    Redshirt year at Ohio State. Then he transferred to Cincinnati last year and had to sit out the year. In December, 2016, Cincinnati hired Luke Fickell as its new head coach -- Fickell had been the Ohio State Defensive Coordinator/Associate Head Coach. I'm not sure of the impact of the Cincinnati head coach hire but Schmidt decided to leave that program. Looks like he will be sitting out this season at SDSU unless the rules permit him to play because of the change in head coach at Cincinnati. It remains to be seen whether he can play college football -- he has the physical attributes but time will tell if he has the desire.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Redshirt year at Ohio State. Then he transferred to Cincinnati last year and had to sit out the year. In December, 2016, Cincinnati hired Luke Fickell as its new head coach -- Fickell had been the Ohio State Defensive Coordinator/Associate Head Coach. I'm not sure of the impact of the Cincinnati head coach hire but Schmidt decided to leave that program. Looks like he will be sitting out this season at SDSU unless the rules permit him to play because of the change in head coach at Cincinnati. It remains to be seen whether he can play college football -- he has the physical attributes but time will tell if he has the desire.
    So he did quit on two different teams. Thanks for confirming. But seriously why would he have to sit out for dropping down a level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    So he did quit on two different teams. Thanks for confirming. But seriously why would he have to sit out for dropping down a level?

Because even the NCAA sees SDSU as a higher level than Cincinnati. Deep purple
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

apparently because it was his 2nd transfer

Western Illinois offers DE Josh Dinga 6' 5' 225 Sun Prairie WI (2018 NDSU interest)
    Dinga also has an offer from Northern Iowa

Western Illinois also offers RB/LB Jack Anderson - Academy Holy Angels MN (also Navy, Air Force, UM Mankato offers)

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Fighting Hawks and SDSU battling over OL Ron Audette, 6' 3" 295, Elk River MN.
    Now New Mexico and Northern Illinois have stepped in with offers.
    Audette is also a 2018 NDSU interest.

Fighting Hawks went into Sioux Falls with the 1st offer to LB Seth Benson, 6' 1" 205 (Washington HS).
    SDSU has now also offered.
    Benson is also a 2018 NDSU interest. (LB Dan Marlette and OL Austin Kuhnert's high school)
    Speaking of SF Washington, both SDSU and USD have offered that school's TE, Zach Heins, 6' 6" 230.
    Indiana State now offers OL Ron Audette and also offer DE Josh Dinga (UNI & Western Illinois offers)

DE Josh Dinga (Sun Prairie WI) now offered by Illinois State (Indiana State, UNI, W Illinois)

DB/WR Mitchell Kartes now offered by UNI (NDSU offer among others)

UNI also offers Lakeville North OL Nathan Boe (SDSU, Fighting Hawks)

Western Illinois offers Homestead (WI) LB Mike Bruner

Prior Lake DL Zach Whaley offered by Stephen F Austin (NDSU interest)

Last minute pre-honeymoon offer - Indiana State offers LB Ikenna Ujuagu (Benilde St Margaret HS)
    NDSU RFR WR Cole Jacoby is from BSM HS in the twin cities

Good news bad news day for Jacks.
    Good news is their 3rd commit so far, TE Zach Heins, 6' 6" 230, Sioux Falls Washington. Harris also had an offer from South Dakota.
    Bad news is that OL offer Nathan Boe, 6' 4" 250, Lakeville North HS, got a camp offer from the Gophers and committed to them. That is the Gopher's 17th verbal so far, good to see them filling up so soon! Boe also had an offers from Northern Illinois, UNI, Western Illinois and the Fighting Hawks.

Sioux Falls Washington is OL Austin Kuhnert's and LB Dan Marlette's high school.
    Lakeville North is DE Greg Menard's high school.

Northern Iowa receives a verbal from Caden Houghtelling - 6' 5" 240 TE/DL/Ath - Cambridge Nebraska

Houghtelling had been on visits to NDSU & SDSU. Looks like UNI was 1st FCS offer