Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2018 MVFC Recruiting

Thumbnail summaries on winners in Illinois with the early signing period including

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/pre...signing-period

Illinois State — The biggest question that the Redbirds and head coach Brock Spack had on Wednesday would be how much of an impact could several recent assistant coaching changes would have on it's Class of 2018 recruiting efforts? Illinois State was able to hold onto all of its commitments and signed 20 recruits on Wednesday including 10 in-state names led by St. Charles East safety Clayton Isbell and Lemont wide receiver Austin Nagel.

Southern Illinois University — The Salukis and head coach Nick Hill signed 16 names on Wednesday including 9 in-state names. Besides signing two Chicagoland area names in Cary-Grove OL Brett Groves and Jacobs OL Jimmy Wormsley, the Salukis also fared well in both Central and Southern Illinois.
    Clayton Isbell - 6’ 3” 208 ATH - was quite a popular MVFC recruit, with Rival listing him with offers from Western Illinois, SDSU, South Dakota, Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa and the Fighting Hawks

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Thumbnail summaries on winners in Illinois with the early signing period including

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/pre...signing-period
    One of the players they signed was a big, athletic QB out of Indy. I worked a couple of his games and he could be a good one. He reminds me a lot of Tre Roberson in HS (another Indy product). His WR signed with Iowa. If they had a halfway decent OL his stats would have been incredible. You never know how it translates to college, but he looked like a D1 athlete on the field. I know he had some early interest from Notre Dame so I'm not sure where he fell off. Notre Dame admission standards are extremely high and they still stick with it. One of the best RB in the state had committed there but changed his commitment when he couldn't get accepted. He ended up at USC which is no academic slouch.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tre Watson chooses to stay in the B1G and is heading to Maryland for his final year

Is this the first year we can remember that nobody in the Valley signed a kid that NDSU had offered? Benson chose Iowa after leaving SDSU. He had a Bison offer. Almost amazing how few battles we really had. In prior years we seemed to be fighting SDSU a lot, we didn't. Pretty sure the entire new staff at UNI must just recruit different areas. USD just offers kids we offer from their recliner and does no work. UND must have different plans as I believe they only offered one kid that NDSU ended up signing (Agbu) so they aren't fighting with us anymore. Just a unique year in recruiting.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Is this the first year we can remember that nobody in the Valley signed a kid that NDSU had offered? Benson chose Iowa after leaving SDSU. He had a Bison offer. Almost amazing how few battles we really had. In prior years we seemed to be fighting SDSU a lot, we didn't. Pretty sure the entire new staff at UNI must just recruit different areas. USD just offers kids we offer from their recliner and does no work. UND must have different plans as I believe they only offered one kid that NDSU ended up signing (Agbu) so they aren't fighting with us anymore. Just a unique year in recruiting.
    UND offered Jackson Enz also
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    UND offered Jackson Enz also
    I thought they offered everybody and just went with what sticks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mark Farley marching to the beat of his own drum......
    Northern Iowa still has not announced recruits that have signed LOI’s.
    Panther Nation confused, but maybe not so surprised......

https://www.panthernation.com/forum/...g-period/page2

You want your recruits to be so excited about coming to your program that they keep it all a big secret!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiting to let them all run out of the garage door ya know for effect

Iowa State lists 3 schools a QB on their roster (Jacob Park) cannot transfer to:

Wednesday, Park took to Twitter once again to reveal that he has been given a release from his ISU scholarship. However, the release comes with restrictions as the quarterback will not be permitted to transfer to another Big 12 school, Iowa and a pair of FCS programs — Northern Iowa and Drake.

Northern Iowa is next on ISU’s schedule in 2019; 2018 will be Park’s final season of eligibility. Drake is not on any of ISU’s future non-conference schedules. The “Institutions on future schedules” exception would also preclude Park from signing with South Dakota State and Akron as ISU will face them in 2018.
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...mpression=true