Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
Interesting to hear USD verbals that far behind SDSU. Yotes keep improving but it must be hard to keep pace with the Jacks. They desperately need to do something to improve or replace the DakotaDome. I think they made a smart hire with their head coach last year.
Well, if you compare the programs they really aren't even close. USeD is in the same situation SDSU was in before replacing CAS when we would recruit against you guys, except even worse. At least SDSU had recent playoff success and winning records, and a handful of recent wins against our rivals. USeD hasn't had a winning conference record since the Great West, hasn't beaten the Jacks since the turn of the century, plays in a dump that's adjoined to a very nice basketball facility (which likely just puts a spotlight on how crappy the DakotaDump is), and overall the campus at SDSU has had an explosion of new buildings and renovations that I'm fairly sure USeD can't match. SDSU has totally dominated the SD recruiting this year. Maybe they are trying to reach for some high profile guys to snag them when they fall through the cracks after the early signing period, but that seems counter to what the successful programs in the region are doing. I just think that the longer they struggle to put up wins and make the playoffs the harder it's going to be to turn their program around (obvious point is obvious).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk