Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2018 MVFC Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Interesting to hear USD verbals that far behind SDSU. Yotes keep improving but it must be hard to keep pace with the Jacks. They desperately need to do something to improve or replace the DakotaDome. I think they made a smart hire with their head coach last year.
    Well, if you compare the programs they really aren't even close. USeD is in the same situation SDSU was in before replacing CAS when we would recruit against you guys, except even worse. At least SDSU had recent playoff success and winning records, and a handful of recent wins against our rivals. USeD hasn't had a winning conference record since the Great West, hasn't beaten the Jacks since the turn of the century, plays in a dump that's adjoined to a very nice basketball facility (which likely just puts a spotlight on how crappy the DakotaDump is), and overall the campus at SDSU has had an explosion of new buildings and renovations that I'm fairly sure USeD can't match. SDSU has totally dominated the SD recruiting this year. Maybe they are trying to reach for some high profile guys to snag them when they fall through the cracks after the early signing period, but that seems counter to what the successful programs in the region are doing. I just think that the longer they struggle to put up wins and make the playoffs the harder it's going to be to turn their program around (obvious point is obvious).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Lots of height on the Iron Range!

South Dakota offers 6' 7" 295 OL Bryce Kennedy from Virginia MN.
    Has a 6' 6" 220 teammate, Beaux Foix, who has been offered by Minnesota Crookston as a DE/OLB.

Kennedy is also a 2018 NDSU football interest. He also is a basketball player and has a teammate, Ethan Youso, who is a 2018 NDSU interest in basketball. The 6' 8" 215 Youso has an offer from Duluth and Sioux Falls. Don't know if he plays football too, but lots of height for a town of about 5000 (Virginia).

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Lots of height on the Iron Range!

South Dakota offers 6' 7" 295 OL Bryce Kennedy from Virginia MN.
    Has a 6' 6" 220 teammate, Beaux Foix, who has been offered by Minnesota Crookston as a DE/OLB.
    Wow that kid is BIG.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Well, if you compare the programs they really aren't even close. USeD is in the same situation SDSU was in before replacing CAS when we would recruit against you guys, except even worse. At least SDSU had recent playoff success and winning records, and a handful of recent wins against our rivals. USeD hasn't had a winning conference record since the Great West, hasn't beaten the Jacks since the turn of the century, plays in a dump that's adjoined to a very nice basketball facility (which likely just puts a spotlight on how crappy the DakotaDump is), and overall the campus at SDSU has had an explosion of new buildings and renovations that I'm fairly sure USeD can't match. SDSU has totally dominated the SD recruiting this year. Maybe they are trying to reach for some high profile guys to snag them when they fall through the cracks after the early signing period, but that seems counter to what the successful programs in the region are doing. I just think that the longer they struggle to put up wins and make the playoffs the harder it's going to be to turn their program around (obvious point is obvious).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow. So much wrong with this post. First, USD's campus has undergone a transformation over the last 15 years or so. Dang near every building is brand new or newly renovated. It's not even the same campus as when I was in school there 25 years ago. Not even close. If anything it is SDSU that is playing catch-up there. Second, the DakotaDome has undergone tweaks but is up for a major renovation and expansion project, so that is coming. As far as a recruit is concerned, it doesn't matter what the concourse looks like, or the concession stand, all that matters is that when you are on the field you are surrounded by a place that is jumping, and when the DakotaDome is full it is an awesome place to play for the home team, that place gets loud and is electric. But as far as facilities go, USD football has one of the best weight training and athletic performance facilities in the Midwest, period, it rivals FBS schools. Finally, USD has never had the same recruiting strategy as SDSU. The Jacks have always scooped up more in-state players while USD, given its location, is heavier on recruits from Iowa and Nebraska, plus USD has a history of pulling players out of Florida, Texas, California, and all points in between going as far back as the 1970's. Some of the best players in USD history have come out of places as far away as Florida. SDSU can pull whatever local players they want, that's nothing new. We're in on plenty of good players right now. I'm not worried about this staff's recruiting ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Wow. So much wrong with this post. First, USD's campus has undergone a transformation over the last 15 years or so. Dang near every building is brand new or newly renovated. It's not even the same campus as when I was in school there 25 years ago. Not even close. If anything it is SDSU that is playing catch-up there. Second, the DakotaDome has undergone tweaks but is up for a major renovation and expansion project, so that is coming. As far as a recruit is concerned, it doesn't matter what the concourse looks like, or the concession stand, all that matters is that when you are on the field you are surrounded by a place that is jumping, and when the DakotaDome is full it is an awesome place to play for the home team, that place gets loud and is electric. But as far as facilities go, USD football has one of the best weight training and athletic performance facilities in the Midwest, period, it rivals FBS schools. Finally, USD has never had the same recruiting strategy as SDSU. The Jacks have always scooped up more in-state players while USD, given its location, is heavier on recruits from Iowa and Nebraska, plus USD has a history of pulling players out of Florida, Texas, California, and all points in between going as far back as the 1970's. Some of the best players in USD history have come out of places as far away as Florida. SDSU can pull whatever local players they want, that's nothing new. We're in on plenty of good players right now. I'm not worried about this staff's recruiting ability.
    Sdsufans, seems like the good board for the little brothers to argue at, we get enough with the fnhawk BS here
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Sdsufans, seems like the good board for the little brothers to argue at, we get enough with the fnhawk BS here
    Sorry, but I hate misinformation so I had to refute it. The better question to ask is why did a Hack fan feel the need to come here and spew his anti-Yote propaganda in the first place.

ETA: There is no dialogue on the Bunny Board so there is no point going there. What I posted would get quickly censored as free thought and debate are not allowed.

I understand that North Dakota and South Dakota have different approaches to pay for buildings and renovations for campuses. But if you say is true (I have no reason to doubt you), how does the school gets this paid for. North Dakota has to have more state wide income with oil (even after falling off a bit) and the rest we have going. Still we are facing budget cuts and have buildings on "all" campuses with deferred maintenance issues. Are your Politicians or School Administrations that much smarter than the ones in North Dakota. Now take is easy on the cheap shots this is a serious question.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I understand that North Dakota and South Dakota have different approaches to pay for buildings and renovations for campuses. But if you say is true (I have no reason to doubt you), how does the school gets this paid for. North Dakota has to have more state wide income with oil (even after falling off a bit) and the rest we have going. Still we are facing budget cuts and have buildings on "all" campuses with deferred maintenance issues. Are your Politicians or School Administrations that much smarter than the ones in North Dakota. Now take is easy on the cheap shots this is a serious question.
    Donations. USD Foundation has raised a butt-ton of money to make all these upgrades. You also need to understand that back when I was in school there, in the early 90's, absolutely nothing had been done to that campus for well over a decade, so I think they were sitting on a bunch of money. The Dome was built in 1979, around that same time the new Law School was built. The next new thing that happened was a library expansion in about 1993. So there was a ton of upgrading to do. The issue was we had some pretty crappy University presidents. I was there when Betty Turner Asher was president and she was universally hated by all students on campus. She did nothing. President Abbott was the one who came in and has made that place what it is today. He'll probably go down as the greatest president this University has ever had, and deservedly so. Thank God he didn't win the election for Governor.

Donations. USD Foundation has raised a butt-ton of money to make all these upgrades. You also need to understand that back when I was in school there, in the early 90's, absolutely nothing had been done to that campus for well over a decade, so I think they were sitting on a bunch of money. The Dome was built in 1979, around that same time the new Law School was built. The next new thing that happened was a library expansion in about 1993. So there was a ton of upgrading to do. The issue was we had some pretty crappy University presidents. I was there when Betty Turner Asher was president and she was universally hated by all students on campus. She did nothing. President Abbott was the one who came in and has made that place what it is today. He'll probably go down as the greatest president this University has ever had, and deservedly so. Thank God he didn't win the election for Governor.
    Ok, you were sitting on cash, that I get. What is the size of the foundation now? I am not sure what NDSU is. Some on this board can answer that question. Not Jealous of what any school has that we do not have but just wonder how they do it. Just wondering if there is a better mouse trap out there. Thank you
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Ok, you were sitting on cash, that I get. What is the size of the foundation now? I am not sure what NDSU is. Some on this board can answer that question. Not Jealous of what any school has that we do not have but just wonder how they do it. Just wondering if there is a better mouse trap out there. Thank you
    Bonding that's how. The schools in ND cannot go the bonding route they must have the money up front.